If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some decentish speaker cable and banana plugs

Options
  • 03-04-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Looking for about 20 metres of decent speaker cable and banana plugs for my kit in the bedroom. Not high end by any means - Onkyo TX-SR507 and Mourdant Short Avant 901 fronts.

Any recommendations? And a quote please :)

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey Guys,

Looking for about 20 metres of decent speaker cable and banana plugs for my kit in the bedroom. Not high end by any means - Onkyo TX-SR507 and Mourdant Short Avant 901 fronts.

Any recommendations? And a quote please :)

Cheers

JTG,

Thanks for the Post - here are a couple of options:

Cambridge Symphony 100 cable - I know it's not expensive, but it really is excellent quality and it makes it difficult to justify more expensive cables for many set-ups!

It's normally £0.99/Meter - I'll do 20 Metres at £14.70.

On the 4mm/Banana plug front - I would just add them for the Speaker end and just make sure that you fully insert the Symphony 100 properly at the amp end to avoid excess oxidisation - if you can do this then I would recommend the matching:

Cambridge 4MM Premium plugs at £9.99/pair- I can do these at £8.40/pair for you so the total would be £23.10.

Keep me posted!

ATVB,

J Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Sweet, thanks for the reply. Will give you a call in the next day or two.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.