Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF! help

Options
  • 03-04-2011 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

okay seriously why do this routers have to so bloody difficult to set up

originally bought a belkin - and got rid of it as my son kept getting kicked of his xbox has router not strong enough.

so today bought a netgear wnr2000v2 - connected as per setup instructions and can connect to broadband by cable but it will not work wireless!!

wtf!! where am i going wrong? am computer literate know my way around but this is just crazy!
    any ideas, would be great. the wireless assistant on laptop is on,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

What wireless encryption are you using? Are you broadcasting the SSID. Have you checked that the password (assuming you have enabled encryption) you entered into the laptop when attempting to connect to the router is correct and you haven't made a keying error?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    okay seriously why do this routers have to so bloody difficult to set up

originally bought a belkin - and got rid of it as my son kept getting kicked of his xbox has router not strong enough.

so today bought a netgear wnr2000v2 - connected as per setup instructions and can connect to broadband by cable but it will not work wireless!!

wtf!! where am i going wrong? am computer literate know my way around but this is just crazy!
    any ideas, would be great. the wireless assistant on laptop is on,

How can you expect anyone to help you if you don't tell us what exactly you have done, what settings are in place etc etc?

Advertisement