Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Oral, are you prepared?

• 03-04-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I've noticed that theres a fair amount of people who are doing Japanese this year, just wondering how you're getting on with your studies? :)
    Absolutely delighted when they gave out the list of topics and the pictures for this year! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm not sitting mine until next year, but i heard nothing of pictures or topics! Where can i find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

our teacher came in on wednesday and handed us out a sheet with 6 boxes which have 3 topics each on them and then 4 pictures of different scenes.. he told us these were the official ones for this year and that its never happened before like you always had to go in blind!.. so im not complaining one bit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

our teacher came in on wednesday and handed us out a sheet with 6 boxes which have 3 topics each on them and then 4 pictures of different scenes.. he told us these were the official ones for this year and that its never happened before like you always had to go in blind!.. so im not complaining one bit :D

I know, it's the first i'v ever heard of it, but i can't find anything on examinations.ie or anything, i don't have a teacher so i might never have heard about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

I've my one tomorrow morning!! I don't really like the picture question as I always run out of things to say and the topics aren't too bad but for some of them i really struggle to get two minutes worth of stuff. When you say you got a six boxes each with three topics, what do you mean??? All I got was a sheet with nine topics on it.
    It should be ok I guess but it's really nerve-racking.

Like in the exam you're going to be given 6 faced down sheets and ull have to pick one, each one will have 3 topics from a list of 9, so each one is used twice, our teacher told us that these are the groups of topics if u get me :) yea the pictures are grand enough? I just hope i dont get the street one, thats horrible!
    Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sader

Got mine today
    all i can say is im screwed, but im self teaching so if i fail i dont care :)

Like in the exam you're going to be given 6 faced down sheets and ull have to pick one, each one will have 3 topics from a list of 9, so each one is used twice, our teacher told us that these are the groups of topics if u get me :) yea the pictures are grand enough? I just hope i dont get the street one, thats horrible!
    Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on! :)

Well I did it and there was only three cards each with three topics. I ended up doing Easter holidays topic which I was really happy about and also the picture of the students cleaning the classroom which was ok too.
    I didn't really have any problems and think it went quite well actually.. So happy to have it done now

no way.. our teacher is convinced theres going to be the 6 cards.. :S
    were you stuck at all during it? like did the examiner ask u questions on the picture?

The amount of study and prep i put in for this 15 minute exam was ridiculous.. i ended up not getting a topic that i knew alot about :/ and she kept interupting me.. *sigh..

The amount of study and prep i put in for this 15 minute exam was ridiculous.. i ended up not getting a topic that i knew alot about :/ and she kept interupting me.. *sigh..

What topic as it? Why didn't you choose one of the others on the card? Which picture? How do you think you did tho overall? You see I'm just not sure how well I did because I'm happy with it but I dont know what standard other people are at really or what standard it supposed to be..

• Advertisement

Theres 12 in our class and myself and my 2 friends in the class have been practising for weeks for this.. so id say we were at a haigh standard? like with our teacher he'd give us an A grade for each oral we did..
    but today.. i just couldnt get out my stock phrases that i learned off to push it for a high grade..
    the topics i had learned realy well were my school and fav sports..
    in the end i got the card with study for the leaving cert, a country id like to go to.. and favourite music.. so i picked study for the leaving cert and tried my best.. but because ive learned off so much everything i said didnt feel like much?.. i said this to my teacher afterwards and he was saying that im competing with myself and that i still probably got a high grade.. but im very annoyed.. have been in an awful mood all day..
    i got the classroom picture which was grand.. nothing to complain about..
    but im just REALY irritated because i know the stuff and i just couldnt get it out..

Advertisement