Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pvc windows

• 03-04-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi all,
    i built a house in donegal over the past few years and as i live in offaly and work in dublin i only get up every few months......
    here is my issue...
    the pvc windows went in and had the glass covered with plastic.......
    so i never took this plastic of the glass and its been on them for 1.5 -2 years
    and yes now.......it wont come peel off and is leaving adhesive on them
    (i am not witnessing this first hand but my father who is up there is relaying this info to me)

anyone know of any tool or product i can use without damaging glass/or pvc

i'm personally thinking steam

but i'll leave the question out there with you guys

cheers
    mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

heat gun maybe, but might be best to contact a window company. Maybe acetone but don't quote me on that, i'd find out if its safe or not. I just had some replaced in m house and there was warnings on it to take the film of within 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Go into a sign shop and ask them to sell you a bottle of their glue remover or try these guys for it. http://www.signanddigital.com/products/tools_accessories.html
    It's under 'Removal Products' - 3m Adhesive Remover.

Advertisement