Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible problem with new Rottie?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

She is in Dublin . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

tishandy wrote: »
    I know, you see I took in a stray dog at christmas. Animal welfare had no room for him. He was in a bad way and very quiet and placid, but absolutley hunted my cat. He eventually bit my cat and drew blood. I had him for a few weeks and found him a home with a lovely couple in the country. Thats why I was worried about bringing an adult dog into the home.

Yes but not all dogs are cat friendly, it depends on the dog. A good rescue will be able to cat test a dog, give you loads of info about introducing a dog to a home with a cat present and will take back the dog should things not work out. Someone you find on Donedeal won't do any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

tishandy wrote: »
    Just a note about Donedeal, I bought a pup from there two days ago.
    Its not a showdog or anything we just wanted a pet.
    The reason I did'nt go to a rescue centre was I have a very nervous cat and
    I felt if we had a pup the cat would be dominant.
    It looked to me that it was a lady selling a pup as a litter from her pet , which she sent me photos of, but when I met her to collect the pup in passing she told me she had started breeding chihuahuas.
    Would this be classed as a puppy farm? Pup has vaccinations and in very good health. I didnt know of the negativity around donedeal until I read this thread, it was my local dog groomers who recommened I go on there to buy a pup.
    My mother in law is now thinking of buying one of the same litter, should she think twice?
    I still love the little pup and I'm glad i have her.
    Im just a bit shocked I suppose, was I naive about donedeal?

Just replying to my own post to give some background. Sorry O.P i know this isnt linked to you but since we both bought our pets from Donedeal I hope you dont mind.Anyway the puppy passed a large worm in her poo today and seemed listless and tired. I decided to bring her straight to the vet. He said her vaccine card looked suspicious. The vet said that you can excuse the worms but not the earmites that he discoverd she had which are a direct factor of poor hygiene by the breeder and bad diet. He said she was very tender round her middle and administered 5 day course of Clavaseptin antibiotic, Two injections of Norclav and Metacam and a dose of Stronghold .He said I have to really keep an eye on her the next couple of days as it can be tough on the little ones. He told me of the tricks some puppy farmers do such as " Oh youll never find my house i'll meet you" e.t.c.I know it was stupid of me but at least I found out as my mother in law was thinking of buying one of the same litter.The vet said that even registered sellers can have puppy farms and a thing to look for is when the seller asks you lots of questions too because they want to make sure the pup goes to a good home.

Advertisement