Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old swiss watch brand begins with a?

• 03-04-2011 9:09pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I bought a watch at a market today which according to the seller is from the 1950s. The face is tiny (I like small watches) it's probably about 1.25cm in diameter, and I cannot make out the brand name even using a magnifier the seller had.

It begins with A and looks to be either seven or eight characters long. I'm more curious than anything else to find out about it's background, I bought it because I liked it :)

Pic attached.

5585936159_3603a8413b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Your picture is already big enough to read it ...if it were in focus :D

Try to get a better shot

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

peasant wrote: »
    Your picture is already big enough to read it ...if it were in focus :D

Try to get a better shot

Lol, I shall try :) The problem is that the face is so small that getting close enough to it to name it is difficult and I can't do macros.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Took the watch apart and it appears to be either avalon, ascalon or axalon, and additionally on the dial it says 17 rubis? Is that any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timfy

Most likely Avalon, based in New York and still trading. Registered company for 50 years... that's all I know, sorry!

The Avalon Watch Corporation and it's affiliates are family owned and operated watch companies, that for over 50 years, have specializied in the manufacturing, importation and distribution of fashion, sport, novelty and custom imprinted watches at the highest levels of competitiveness in the watch industry.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement