Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem downloading files/updates

• 03-04-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

I have a strange problem,when I download files or updates 9 times out of 10 I end up getting errors or corrupt files.
    However if I connect to the router or direct to the modem I have no problems,it just seems to occur when trying to do it wirelessly.
    This also happens with my PS3-I have to use a wired connection direct to the modem to download any updates or demos.
    Torrents work perfectly so any ideas why this happens?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have you cleared your browser cache and temp folder of files?
    You could download ccleaner:
    www.ccleaner.com
    and run it to clean up junk files and browser cache if you dont want to do it manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Have you cleared your browser cache and temp folder of files?
    You could download ccleaner:
    www.ccleaner.com
    and run it to clean up junk files and browser cache if you dont want to do it manually

I do that regularly,the PS3 has problems too though with wireless downloads:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

Looks like problems with your modem/router. What make /model is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Some routers have problems with torrent clients generating lots of connections. The number of connections is more relevant than their speed, AFAIK. Try reducing the number of active torrents, or the max total connections or connections per torrent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like problems with your modem/router. What make /model is?

It's a netgear wgr614 router connected to a com21 cable modem.

If I connect direct to the modem from the laptop or PS3 via ethernet cable there's no problem.
    As I said, torrents are fine,when downloading updates etc.I always make sure any torrents are stopped.
    Maybe I should reset the router??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

From Netgear forums if you disable SPI firewall will work. The downside looks like VPN will get broken. Maybe a firmware update can help as well if available.

Advertisement