Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Hygienist fees

Options
  • 03-04-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Pricing questions are not allowed on the dental forum.

Please advise the cost of this service (scale and polish) with a dental hygientist? Currently paying a pretty high rate.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Currently paying a pretty high rate.
    What's high?

Last time I seen mine (september last year) it was €60. I'd class that as high though.

Midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Last month.

Clean and polish €50 with a dentist.

Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Mines €80 in Wicklow Town which I'm not happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

What's high?

Last time I seen mine (september last year) it was €60. I'd class that as high though.

Midlands.

€100 Dublin with a RDH. 2/yr visits. 1st time checking prices.

Thanks for all replies

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This really isn't a Consumer Issue.

OP - where do you live? I'll move the thread to an appropriate regional forum.

dudara

• Advertisement

Thanks, Dublin City Center area. A similar post was put on 'Dental Issues' 17/3/11 and closed, with OP advised to read the forum charter which says;

3) No threads about the relative cost of dental treatment allowed. Post in consumer issues ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=580 )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

€60 in South Dublin. Scale and Polish. Good service too. Have had it done in other places, Smiles in O'Connell St. for one, at higher prices and wasn't happy.

Perfect! I'm looking specifically for RDHs (Registered Dental Hygienists), as opposed to dentists who do a scale and polish.

If you could kindly PM me the name of that practice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D (shiny teeth smiley!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's a bit misleading, as I don't really think it's a Consumer Issue.

I'll move this thread to Dublin City, as that should help you get recommendations within Dublin City.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

wyndham wrote: »
    €60 in South Dublin. Scale and Polish. Good service too. Have had it done in other places, Smiles in O'Connell St. for one, at higher prices and wasn't happy.

Same experience with smiles on O'Connell St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

http://www.butterfielddentist.com/

In Rathfarnham. The hygienist may only work 1 or 2 days a week there as there wouldn't be enough for a full time hygienist. She works elsewhere on the other days I believe.

Proper hygienist though, separate office. Dentist in the next room if anything needs checking.

wyndham wrote: »
    http://www.butterfielddentist.com/

In Rathfarnham. The hygienist may only work 1 or 2 days a week there as there wouldn't be enough for a full time hygienist. She works elsewhere on the other days I believe.

Proper hygienist though, separate office. Dentist in the next room if anything needs checking.

Hey there, that dental practice was taken over in the new year and they no longer have a dental hygienist! Their website has not yet been updated. The new practice owner (husband/wife) do the scale and polish.

As mentioned, am looking for a RDH specifically. Thank you anyway for your help.

If you, or anyone else, can recommend anyone would be delighted!

Advertisement