Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I wasting my time

Options
  • 03-04-2011 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I have a garmin nuvi 250. about 2 years old, out of warranty now. It has always been slow to pick up satellite but it would eventually. Its gotten slower lately and might take up to 30 mins to work. Stupidly I thought if I bought the map updates on line it might improve things. But now its not acquiring satellite at all. Nothing. I have re started and re set it . Went online rang the uk /Ireland helpline. Was on hold for 15 mins and hung up . E mailed Garmin during the week but I have heard nothing. If I hadnt paid for the map updates Id have thrown my hat at it and bought a new Garmin or Tomtom, but am a bit slow to do it now. Is there any chance of a credit off Garmin for the maps do you think ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try ask them to transfer it to a new device. They may or may not entertain you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The antenna is gone, it's a common problem. I had a link to a guy in the USA who fixes them for $20 plus shipping, but for the life of me I can no longer find it.

Mine went this way too [a huge amount of them do apparently] and Garmin offered a replacement of a 'similar' unit for €60 even though out of warranty but I spent many be two hours on the phone trying to give them my CC details and I too gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I called it a day and bought a tom tom today.. thanks for reply. No more garmin for me .

Advertisement