Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cz 22 lr trigger adjustment

Options
  • 03-04-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

hello lads hope every is well and shooting safely

i was down the forestry yesterday for a shot at a few targets. i have to say i felt i shot very well even doe it was lashing rain

but every so often i felt myself snatching the trigger and pullin a shot

i think the trigger could be softer it might help me be more consistant it just felt that after an hour or so i could notice that the trigger had a bit to travel and also it needed a firm pull than what i would like ( maybe i think ).

also before i thought i felt the trigger the trigger traveled in two stages i would pull it so far and i could notice a point where i could stop just before the shot went off and then a tiny little bit more and the shot was gone

now can i adjust the trigger

or should i just stop thinkin so much about it and get on with it

hope the text made sense and i got my prob across clearly

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Goosie

If it's a 452 you can take the action out of the stock and adjust the nut all the way downwards on the threaded bar thats attached to the back of the trigger. This won't do anything for the creep but it will lighten the pull somewhat. Well worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

You can't realy do much to the trigger of your CZ 22lr as is. But you can get a kit to completely change the trigger and make it sooooooooooo much better. Do a search on e bay for a CZ trigger kit under the name of YoDave.

Don't think about doing it just do it.
    @$15

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CZ-452-455-and-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit-/160561367117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item256234084d

Goosie wrote: »
    If it's a 452 you can take the action out of the stock and adjust the nut all the way downwards on the threaded bar thats attached to the back of the trigger. This won't do anything for the creep but it will lighten the pull somewhat. Well worth doing.

The trigger spring as fitted is already at the lightest setting and can only go tighter. Then the only option is to start cutting the spring down a little. Thats so much hassel to do right.

Better by far is the YoDave trigger kit as that will get rid of most of the creep as well and has different springs for the trigger pull weight.
    Or go all the way with a replacement Timney trigger @€;80 which its the dogs dangles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

thanks for replys guys im lookin into the trigger kits i feel a purchase comein on

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

clivej wrote: »
    Don't think about doing it just do it.

+1 on that!

I'd recommend the RimFire Magic trigger kit for the CZ452. It's pretty much the same kit as the YoDave one, but should be a lot less hassle to get. Has the different weight springs and tubes which you can pick from to get the trigger pull-weight and adjust for creep as required.

P1ss easy to install (I was worried about installing mine, mainly due to inate ability to break anything mechanical and a deep-seated distrust of my own tinkering skills - so I got clivej to do it for me!:o) - It makes a difference to the trigger alright - but TBH the factory trigger on my CZ452 Silhouette was reasonably sweet to start off with, out of the box.

Give Gavin a shout in Tannyoky - they usually stock the RimFire Magic CZ Trigger Kits AFAIK - and they should be able to post one down to you for a small postage charge (it's a small light kit of a couple of springs and tubes, so should be letter-sized postage).

• Advertisement

dCorbus wrote: »
    +1 on that!

I'd recommend the RimFire Magic trigger kit for the CZ452. It's pretty much the same kit as the YoDave one, but should be a lot less hassle to get. Has the different weight springs and tubes which you can pick from to get the trigger pull-weight and adjust for creep as required.

P1ss easy to install (I was worried about installing mine, mainly due to inate ability to break anything mechanical and a deep-seated distrust of my own tinkering skills - so I got clivej to do it for me!:o) - It makes a difference to the trigger alright - but TBH the factory trigger on my CZ452 Silhouette was reasonably sweet to start off with, out of the box.

Give Gavin a shout in Tannyoky - they usually stock the RimFire Magic CZ Trigger Kits AFAIK - and they should be able to post one down to you for a small postage charge (it's a small light kit of a couple of springs and tubes, so should be letter-sized postage).

^^^^^ Wot he says as well ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

if you go with a yo dave kit oneshot and you have it fitted just hit the bolt a knock forward with the but of your hand when its cocked (NOT LOADED) and see if it "goes off" I had mine fitted and set to my liking hit the but of it off the ground a few times to make sure it wouldnt go off and was happy with it and only noticed this later on, it'd be fair dodgy to find this out when out lamping with a loaded rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

if you go with a yo dave kit oneshot and you have it fitted just hit the bolt a knock forward with the but of your hand when its cocked (NOT LOADED) and see if it "goes off" I had mine fitted and set to my liking hit the but of it off the ground a few times to make sure it wouldnt go off and was happy with it and only noticed this later on, it'd be fair dodgy to find this out when out lamping with a loaded rifle.

believe it or not this did actually cross my mind i was thinking would i be able to it myself but i reckon id give it a fair go

thanks for the advice

Advertisement