Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness in Guinness Storehouse - Thumbs Down

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

If you want a good pint go to the Porterhouse and ask for Wrasslers! Guinness has been blanding down it's product for years now. Extra cold was the final nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I was in the Storehouse recently and had a pint. Thought it was quite nice actually, as far as a pint of Guinness can be.

Although, I don't buy into the "Perfect Pint" mantra.

What was "dodgy" about it? And did you complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have never had anything but mediocre pints in that place, I have been in it maybe 6-7 times now, always freebie entries and the free pints so it doesn't bother me too much.

What really annoys me is that they charge more than the RRP for a pint in the storehouse -i.e. when pints go up for the budget or Guinness put up the price you often will see on the news a Guinness spokesman say what the new increased RRP is in pubs, and whenever I heard it the storehouse price was more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

rubadub wrote: »
    when pints go up for the budget or Guinness put up the price you often will see on the news a Guinness spokesman say what the new increased RRP is in pubs, and whenever I heard it the storehouse price was more.
    The Storehouse is just another pub, run by just another customer of Diageo. They pay the brewery for the Guinness they serve just like anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What was "dodgy" about it? And did you complain?

well, the taste wasn't great. hard to explain that. maybe not as creamy (or is it full bodied that I mean?).

then after the taste wasn't great, I looked at the glass and noticed it wasn't clinging. then I noticed (about half way down the pint) that the head (the white bit) looked like it was settling (the act which I generally only expect the black part to be doing when I recieve the pint at first).

yeah, I still drank it though. free pint = free pint... well even though I had paid entry to the place.

I didn't really complain, I only muttered about the guiness being dodgy to one of the girls but it looked like the just shrugged/smiled it off.

the store house was nice enough so I didn't go about making a big deal, I just went about looking around a bit more. it's a pretty tourist spot imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement