Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad weekend.

• 03-04-2011 10:02pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Two close friends lost off Skerries since friday,I have been out searching every day with a lot of the locals the R.N.L.I,COAST GUARD and the POLICE these guy's have excelled themselves in the work they are doing from early morning to late at night.
    David and Ronan have spent their lives on the water and knew the area well so it just goes to show water can never be trusted and must be respected at all times.
    My thoughts again tonight are with the families I can only imagine what they must be going through, my prayers are with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

indeed here here!!!

Hope they are found fergal thoughts are with the family..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭dnme

+1, God love the families.

I know it's early but is there any consensus on the ground as to what might have happened?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Small open boat, high winds and seas....

The official report will of course come out in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Any update Fergal? Fair play to you for being involved in the search, can't be easy! Goes to show what a great job the RNLI and Coastguard crews do!!
    They deserve major respect!!

Did you know the two lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I've been out all weekend looking for them as a member of the Coast Guard. They worked on my boat a few weeks ago. Hopefully we'll get some closure for the families. The response from the public was excellent too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nothing yet, Fair play to the coast guard they must have legs of steel mine are in bit's.
    Hi Alan, yes I knew the guy's well David was in my class through school and then through boats, he was making my prop shaft for the boat that I am building, he had a small workshop called Lambay marine and did a lot of work for the local fishermen.
    I know Ronan from when I kept my boat in loughshinny too sound lads.
    This is a photo from today maybe a rainbow of hope. I will be at skerries lifeboat house at 8am if anyone want's to meet up.
    DSC00965.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 wrecks1971

Hi Fergal is there any bank account set up for people to donate to help with the search ? Paul

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi wrecks For the volunteers boats there is an account in the Bank of Ireland in the name LADY LINDA and the sort code is 90 08 93 account number 818 38 744
    Or you can call Frank Tanner on 0877542108.
    Or for the Skerries RNLI you can contact them here. http://www.skerrieslifeboat.ie/sponsorship.htm

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

I never know what to say in situations like this.

Fergal, my deepest sympathies and respect for what you and all involved must be going through.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Navy are stepping up their input and the LE Emir is now the on-scene coordinator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 wrecks1971

Thanks Fergal for that I`ll make a donation tomorrow and pass the acc number around. Paul

wrecks1971 wrote: »
    Thanks Fergal for that I`ll make a donation tomorrow and pass the acc number around. Paul

If you are having problems the acc number.

Here is the international banking codes
    the iban code is

IE48BOFI90354181838744

bic code is

BOFIIE2D90354181838744

Thank you

Big Thanks to all who helped out , the boys were picked up by the aptly named fishing vessel "guiding light"

May they now rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

fergal.b wrote: »
    Big Thanks to all who helped out , the boys were picked up by the aptly named fishing vessel "guiding light"

May they now rest in peace.

Sad to say but probly the best possible outcome at this stage! Atleast it will bring closure to the families! Another two good lives lost to the sea, goes to show the importance and good work done by our coastguard, lifeboat and naval personnel!
    May the lads rip!

Advertisement