Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westmoreland Street - whata kip

Options
  • 03-04-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

was walking around town today for the first time in ages and ended up going down westmoreland street on the way to arnotts. It has got to be the most kippiest, filthiest scum bag ridden street in Dublin city centre. you come from college green or oconnell street and its like a completely different world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Unfortunately I would agree. That and D'Olier street have lots of potential but are really just faceless roads with no character anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I did the same today OP and really noticed how run down and dirty it's become.
    There's a lot of empty units apart from the westin, all other shop fronts and units look tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It badly needs a resurface and redecoration along the lines of O'Connell Street - and D'olier St is even worse. Lots of closed premises that could happily be used as government offices or something surely if nothing else?

The trees on Westmoreland St are too much also, they need pruning or something, they block out all the light and some of them are growing through the path IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

neris wrote: »
    was walking around town today for the first time in ages and ended up going down westmoreland street on the way to arnotts. It has got to be the most kippiest, filthiest scum bag ridden street in Dublin city centre. you come from college green or oconnell street and its like a completely different world.

I'd have to say I find O'Connell Street & Abbey Street to be worse - full of scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thought there was a lot more scum bags hanging round westmorleand street then on oconnell street. Once you get past trinity and college green its like enetering a different world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

I walked round Westmoreland St today (first time in ages) and have to agree it looks a bit of a kip - certainly not as good as it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Agree with OP, try waiting around there for a late bus or nite link :eek: all the scum and freaks come out of the woodwork.
    Don't think O'Connell St area is much better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

From early evening its a kip, stretching from the GPO right over to College Green. It doesn't help with the amount of fast food outlets and bus stops on that stretch intermingling with homeless people/professional beggers lying on the street and drunks spilling out from Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

It's a right cesspit in fairness. It was never great but in the last few years it's really gone to the dogs. I suppose that's what happens if you allow amusement arcades and bookies to set up shop on a main street in the city, the scum come crawling in from all over the place to make their fortune on the slots.

Add in a slew of bus stops for routes to less than desireable areas of the city and it's just a filth-fest from one end of the street to the other. Always strewn with litter and human waste, impossible to walk down it without being hassled for change or smokes, nothing positive to offer for tourists or locals, it's a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It's a right cesspit in fairness. It was never great but in the last few years it's really gone to the dogs. I suppose that's what happens if you allow amusement arcades and bookies to set up shop on a main street in the city, the scum come crawling in from all over the place to make their fortune on the slots.

Add in a slew of bus stops for routes to less than desireable areas of the city and it's just a filth-fest from one end of the street to the other. Always strewn with litter and human waste, impossible to walk down it without being hassled for change or smokes, nothing positive to offer for tourists or locals, it's a disaster.

And where do you get the bus to your ivory tower eh?.

"the scum come crawling in from all over the place to make their fortune on the slots."

to

"Add in a slew of bus stops for routes to less than desireable areas of the city and it's just a filth-fest from one end of the street to the other"

I don't know where to start with you!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

And where do you get the bus to your ivory tower eh?.

"the scum come crawling in from all over the place to make their fortune on the slots."

to

"Add in a slew of bus stops for routes to less than desireable areas of the city and it's just a filth-fest from one end of the street to the other"

I don't know where to start with you!.

That's ok, you don't need to start with me, seeing as everything I've said is accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

I

Most of the buses stopping there serve West Dublin Blanchardstown and Lucan + everywhere in between.
    These areas are no better or worse than anywhere else in Dublin.

I'm not sure of the reasons for the general sh1t hole nature of Westmoreland St but is not due to folk waiting on buses, although theres bound to be a few dickheads amongst them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Closed, I'm not putting up with this crap any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement