Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the nearest Aldi to Belfield?

Options
  • 03-04-2011 10:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I want to get something that is in on Thursday.

I *think* the nearest is Rathmines, but that is quite a bit away - from looking at a map, I think it's too far to walk it. I've walked to Ranelagh lots of times, but Rathmines is a bit far.

Are there any buses linking Belfield with Rathmines? Would I be better off just going into town and going to the one on Parnell Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Think Rathmines the nearest one though.

There is rumors that there will be one opening in Stillorgan soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 likelydropout

I think you're better off heading to parnell street to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

unknown13 wrote: »
    There is one opposite Marlay park on the Balinteer St John's clubhouse side. Think Rathmines the nearest one though.

There is rumors that there will be one opening in Stillorgan soon.

Thats a Lidl.

There is an Aldi opposite Nutgrove Shopping centre but that is a good hours walk from UCD if not more. The 17 bus passes by it actually so you might be able to get that.

18bus goes to Rathmines. Very sporadic and unpredictable bus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Thats a Lidl.

There is an Aldi opposite Nutgrove Shopping centre but that is a good hours walk from UCD if not more. The 17 bus passes by it actually so you might be able to get that.

Yup I'd say this is your best bet. The bus stops right before the Aldi, its on the right hand side.

EDIT; Can't seem to get google maps up, just ask the driver to let you off at nutgrove, the drivers are nice enough on the 17.

€1.65 each way in case you were wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks guys!

Might just go for Parnell Street, as in my experience the 17 bus isn't that regular and is often late, whereas I could get the 46a to Parnell Square.

Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Depending on how much you have to carry, Rathmines is walkable. Or if you had a bike, you'd nip over and back in no length.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

The easiest by far is Nutgrove. Had the same problem last year. It also took me ages to realise Dunnes Grocery doesn't exist outside of the city centre.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the answers. :)
    The easiest by far is Nutgrove. Had the same problem last year. It also took me ages to realise Dunnes Grocery doesn't exist outside of the city centre.

Ah, while we're at it, is the city centre the nearest Dunnes (e.g. Stephen's Green SC)? I had it in my mind for ages that Dundrum had Dunnes but that's actually Tesco - I'm not sure what I was thinking :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nutgrove has a Dunnes, but they don't do groceries.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Thanks for the answers. :)

Ah, while we're at it, is the city centre the nearest Dunnes (e.g. Stephen's Green SC)? I had it in my mind for ages that Dundrum had Dunnes but that's actually Tesco - I'm not sure what I was thinking :confused:

there is a dunnes in sandyford industrial estate. could walk over to luas and get it up and back.

There is big one beside the ballyogan stop too.

If you're shopping for groceries, there's a Tesco that's a 15 minute walk from UCD on Nutley Lane. Not sure if you know that or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I think there's an Aldi in Finglas.

If you're shopping for groceries, there's a Tesco that's a 15 minute walk from UCD on Nutley Lane. Not sure if you know that or not.

Yep, I knew that! It's a handy location, and the opening hours are good (but not 24hours like Dundrum - I sometimes go there, but you have to walk up two big hills to get there :p).

It's just sometimes I read about special offers on the Bargain Alerts forum (for example), or see it on TV, and wonder where to actually go to get to these places!

Thanks for all the answers! :)

Last bit of advice about Tesco (not that you actually wanted to know :pac:), but the 3 stops across the road from it. Handy if you feel lazy or if it is raining.

And hills?! :eek:

Well, slight minor inclines, but it amounts to the same if you're as lazy as I am :p

From Fosters Avenue up towards Mount Anville and from Goatstown to the lights where you turn left for Ballaly/Tesco

You are talking about a different Tesco. I'm talking about the Elm Park Tesco in the Nutley Shopping Centre opposite St Vincent's Hospital. You'd go the same way as the walk to Sydney Parade Dart station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep, I knew that! It's a handy location, and the opening hours are good (but not 24hours like Dundrum - I sometimes go there, but you have to walk up two big hills to get there :p).

Emphasis mine, guessing you missed that part of the post.

Raphael wrote: »
    Emphasis mine, guessing you missed that part of the post.

I think the time stamp on my post shows I was reading through sleepy eyes. So oops :o:p

Sorry that was my fault - my post was a bit badly worded.

I meant the Tesco beside the hospital was where I usually go, because it's a convenient location and the opening hours are handy (unless I want to go Sunday night, because it is not 24 hours like Dundrum is).

And when I was referring to hills, I meant on the way to Dundrum - there's no hills on Nutley lane :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement