Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best There Was, Best There Is, Best There Ever Will Be.

Options
  • 03-04-2011 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I've been meaning to start a log here for awhile, but I never got around to doing it. Anyway, I've been out injured with a sprained ankle for the last three weeks, so I thought it would be a good time to finally start a log.

I'm a fifteen year old boy with big dreams. I'm going to be a professional footballer when I'm older, you just wait and see :P. Anyway, I'm basically starting at square one with regards to fitness after my injury. My goal is simple: to be a tank by Summer 2012, with regards to my general fitness.

I am going to start the Couch to 5K program in order to build my fitness back up. I won't be starting this for another two weeks though, as my ankle is not fully heeled yet and I want to give it time.

I will also be doing a number of bodyweight exercises. I won't be going to a gym and doing weights there, as I don't believe in that kind of stuff. I will be using the Convict Conditioning program, and aspire to eventually master all of the six different exercises.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll post my first update tomorrow. I would appreciate any comments, advice, or encouragement.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's good to have goals! I hope your log is still going in a year. Best thing yo can do is speak to guys who've done it, or someone who's coached a dude to that level. You're coming off an injury, but couch to 5k will do bugger all for you soccer fitness.
    Desire. wrote: »
    I won't be going to a gym and doing weights there, as I don't believe in that kind of stuff.

'Believe' what you want. But the best players in the world aren't f*cking about with "convict conditioning".

Advertisement