Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorial Tattoo - Butterfly- Wrist

Options
  • 03-04-2011 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey Guys :D

Have decided to get my first tattoo i want a memorail tattoo for my mum who died 3 years ago and my dad who died 10 mts later.

Ive being thinking of butterfly with both my mums and dads star signs as part off the wings.(Aries and Libra) and then Mum and Dad over the Butterfly.

Ive being told by alot off people that butterflys are to common,But i have a reason for the Butterfly.To me the butterfly means change and how a beautful thing comes from some thing not so nice. i was 17 and 18 when my pairents died and feel that in the 4yrs i have growing and changed into someone that hopefully thay are proud off !!

So sorry for the long story but my questions are:
      [*]Would star Signs in the wings look ok or just tacki ?
      [*]Are butterflys to common and over used?
      [*]If so any other ideas on style or placement?
      [*]Recomondations of Artist ( Connacht area )
      Thanks again :D(Sorry about spelling and Grammer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Ashling! wrote: »
      Hey Guys :D

Have decided to get my first tattoo i want a memorail tattoo for my mum who died 3 years ago and my dad who died 10 mts later.

Ive decided to get a butterfly with both my mums and dads star signs as part off the wings.(Aries and Libra) and then Mum and Dad over the Butterfly.

Ive being told by alot off people that butterflys are to common,But i have a reason for the Butterfly.To me the butterfly means change and how a beautful thing comes from some thing not so nice. i was 17 and 18 when my pairents died and feel that in the 4yrs i have growing and changed into someone that hopefully thay are proud off !!

So sorry for the long story but my questions are:
      1. Would star Signs in the wings look ok or just tacki ?
      2. Are butterflys to common and over used?
      3. If so any other ideas on style or placement?
      4. Recomondations of Artist ( Connacht area )
      Thanks again :D(Sorry about spelling and Grammer)

you can, of course, do whatever comes naturally to you.

i personally woud steer away from star signs, unless both your parents were vocally passionate about star signs.

as their child, I am sure you know lots of thing about them both personally that were closer to the bone than star signs, and that you will see played out less frequently than star signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

I personally would get something that has meaning , something that reminds you of them or something you shared.. I'm not sure their star signs are the best choice but its totally up to you. My brother passed away recently and im getting lyrics on my back, he liked the kings of Leon and the song reminds me of him "The time we shared,It was precious to me". I'm getting it on my back because of the profession i want i couldn't have it visible on my arms or wrist. I found dragon tattoo really good when i got my first tattoo. Im going to check out Dublin Ink as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

My daughter got a braclet in memory of her nan it is lovely.I would say the same thing to you as i said to her,"If it has a meaning for you then go for it...your the one that has to like it not anyone else......That is the most important thing to remember.":)...If however as i sense from what you say,your in doubt get it drawn onto your hand,and then make whatever adjustments to it you think needs to be done...and good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tanya1988

Would star Signs in the wings look ok or just tacki ? I wouldn't put the star signs on the wings I would just leave it plain
      Are butterflys to common and over used? butterfly sounds beautiful
      If so any other ideas on style or placement? you want it somewhere visable to yourself where you can see it every moment and be proud for what it represents
      Recomondations of Artist ( Connacht area )
      Sorry live in Munster
      I have a tattoo on my lower spine, Its a cats paw with two wings on either side, sounds off but it is actually beautiful, the wings are to represent my nanny & brother who passed away and the paw mark is for my cat who died which I had for nearly 17 years.

Advertisement