Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

and laugh at me sitting in the office in London all day Monday!

I'd have done that anyway, and no matter what I'm still going down anyway - and not just because I have the registration letter for the team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Hope you're feeling bit better - the longing to put on trainers is always a good sign :) Monday will be grand - no pressure to get a pb, just doing it for the craic. Finally booked my hotel - staying in Lancaster lodge as well, got the last room apparently :D

Was feeling a lot better yesterday evening and this morning, so decided to try a very short test run. 3.82km / 2.38 miles @ 11.26/mile average pace. Looking at the HRM data I'm clearly not over this bug, average 157 and max 176 for a run that slow is absolutely insane (though the warm weather and my hayfever probably don't help matters). Will give it until about Tuesday before I try again - not running in Cork is definitely the right call for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Was feeling a lot better yesterday evening and this morning, so decided to try a very short test run. 3.82km / 2.38 miles @ 11.26/mile average pace. Looking at the HRM data I'm clearly not over this bug, average 157 and max 176 for a run that slow is absolutely insane (though the warm weather and my hayfever probably don't help matters). Will give it until about Tuesday before I try again - not running in Cork is definitely the right call for me!

Yeah good call then RK, obviously not over bug yet. See you on the cheerleading lines in Corcaigh :)

shazkea wrote: »
    . See you on the cheerleading lines in Corcaigh :)
    Got your pompoms packed? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Got your pompoms packed? :D

The tinnies are...figured they would spur on the boardsies more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The tinnies are...figured they would spur on the boardsies more
    I misread that second word initially, and was thinking "thats what I call a team player" :pac:

I misread that second word initially, and was thinking "thats what I call a team player" :pac:

I'd do a lot for this team, but I won't do that :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Awww :( What's the story with how the relay legs are working out then? Is vaggabond doing two?

Yup.

1 - claralara
    2,3 - vagga
    4 - RQ
    5 - racheljev

• Advertisement

^ And a great job they did yesterday. 3:32:03 was the time on the provisional results. Wish I'd been able to run, but I would have just slowed them down :pac:

Congrats to Bally8 and Mr Bally8 too, who did the relay as a duo. :)

In case anyone's wondering, I'm not slacking off. This bug is stubborn as hell and appears to have flared up again slightly over the weekend - after a few days of my throat not hurting at all it has decided it wants round 2. I've admitted defeat in my attempts to avoid antibiotics and picked them up today. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thanks RK, it was great meeting up again. Must have been so tough for you watching your team compete when you're sick. Hope those antibiotics work quick smart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah crap, sorry you had to give into the meds. Mind yourself, hopefully you'll be back to normal soon.

Round 1 of antibiotics actually made me worse, ended up back at the doctor on Wednesday after work because the mildly swollen glands in my neck had gone huge. Changed antibiotic and added painkillers, and got a cert for another 2 days off work. Fun times. :pac:

Thankfully, things appear to be improving a bit now (11 hours sleep last night really did help there :D), but it's slow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Feel better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Aw, you're having an awful tough time of it.

Hopefully you'll be feeling better once you have a weekend rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

You must be going up the walls with all this injury/illness lark. No fair!

At this stage it's driving me mental... it's over 2 weeks now since this bug started, it fecked up Donore for me, and it cost me the chance to run in Cork. Just really hoping it clears up quickly now, it's dragged on for too long.

Running-wise - I think it's time to write off Dunshaughlin as a PB attempt. I'll do it anyway (mostly for the session afterwards, tbh), but after missing so much time with this bug I can't see myself getting close to 50. That can wait for the 10k in Dun Laoghaire on the August bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

At this stage it's driving me mental... it's over 2 weeks now since this bug started, it fecked up Donore for me, and it cost me the chance to run in Cork. Just really hoping it clears up quickly now, it's dragged on for too long.

Running-wise - I think it's time to write off Dunshaughlin as a PB attempt. I'll do it anyway (mostly for the session afterwards, tbh), but after missing so much time with this bug I can't see myself getting close to 50. That can wait for the 10k in Dun Laoghaire on the August bank holiday weekend.

Sigh!

Glutamine blah blah, nobody listens :(

I heard of this wonder supplement called gluatmine. You should try it. Don't think it's ever been mentioned on boards before?

• Advertisement

Tbh, if it'll make this crap go away quickly and let me get back running I'll try it :eek:

I heard of this wonder supplement called gluatmine. You should try it. Don't think it's ever been mentioned on boards before?

I don't know what you're talking about, there's a case for a spell check on boards though :pac:

Tbh, if it'll make this crap go away quickly and let me get back running I'll try it :eek:

You know it makes sense!:)

mrslow wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about, there's a case for a spell check on boards though :pac:

I was just testing your observational skills.

I was just testing your observational skills.

Did you spell check 'observational'? :pac:

Did you spell check 'observational'? :pac:

Chortle, chortle. :p

I think the important point has yet to be raised!

Can we wait until Dunshaughlin for another session?:)

That would be an ecumenical matter :pac:

I think the important point has yet to be raised!

Should probably train for the Dunshauglin session.

• Advertisement

Should probably train for the Dunshauglin session.

Can't drink on the antibiotics that I'm on at the moment so I'm missing some boozing training there :pac:

Advertisement