Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I signed up for a beginners ashtanga yoga course starting on 8 November. Should be fun :)

Good to see you back running consistently again RK.

Quick Q, where are you doing the beginner ashtanga?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Quick Q, where are you doing the beginner ashtanga?
    It's on at Open Mind Yoga in Pearse St. I ended up cancelling the course because I had stuff on which meant I would miss 2 out of 6 classes (the Devin Townsend gig on Tuesday 8th and then Ireland v Estonia next Tuesday).

It's on at Open Mind Yoga in Pearse St. I ended up cancelling the course because I had stuff on which meant I would miss 2 out of 6 classes (the Devin Townsend gig on Tuesday 8th and then Ireland v Estonia next Tuesday).

I ask because I've been doing the same course the last 5 weeks now. Started in the middle of the last course. You can still do a drop in pay as you go. Thats what I've been doing. Means you dont have to worry about missing a session or two.

Oh cool, that's good to know :)

Missed my run yesterday, a friend of mine has just moved back to Dublin and I wanted to meet up for a chat. Ended up getting home at 9.30pm, and couldn't drag my arse out of the bed for said run this morning. Cycled back to my mum's from work this evening though, the rather nasty headwind blowing the whole way has to count for something :pac:

• Advertisement

Plan for today - 3 miles easy. Went a little further (just under 6km), average pace 5.52/km, average HR 141 / max 194 (few stops at traffic lights brought it down, a spike at the start caused the high max). Meant to get this run done this morning, but ended up having a delightful lie-in instead. Felt really good throughout the run, and really looking forward to the group run tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Plan for today - 3 miles easy. Went a little further (just under 6km), average pace 5.52/km, average HR 141 / max 194 (few stops at traffic lights brought it down, a spike at the start caused the high max). Meant to get this run done this morning, but ended up having a delightful lie-in instead. Felt really good throughout the run, and really looking forward to the group run tomorrow. :)

Should I be reading between the lines? :)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Should I be reading between the lines? :)

No, you shouldn't, unfortunately :(

No, you shouldn't, unfortunately :(

It sounded like it was going that way, friend in town, screw the running and all that. Is Xena looking after you?

So my plan was for 5 miles this morning. When I decided to do the group run, I forgot to factor in the extra distance that would be added in by running to the meeting point at the Garda HQ (around 2km each way). Really enjoyed it though, getting to run with Shazkea and Nules and getting to have a good chat along the way, I've missed having company on weekend runs! Treated myself to my traditional post-LSR treat of a can of full-fat Coke too, so I'm in a damn good mood right now :)

Total distance covered 13.33km, average pace 6.13/km, average HR 145/max 172. Accidentally put the foot down a bit on the way back from the park, the last 3k were the fastest of the entire run, with a 5.27 km in there somewhere...

Not exactly the plan, but absolutely fan-freaking-tastic for my running mental state :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Hope you didn't forget the stretching when you got home. We'd hate to have to say "We told you so" :p

shazkea wrote: »
    Hope you didn't forget the stretching when you got home. We'd hate to have to say "We told you so" :p

I did stretch, mostly because you and Nules guilt-tripped me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

I did stretch, mostly because you and Nules guilt-tripped me :pac:

Good :D
    You looked as if you were really enjoying the run today RK :)

Nules10 wrote: »
    Good :D
    You looked as if you were really enjoying the run today RK :)

Oh I was, when you've spent as much time on the couch lately as I have it's amazing to get out for a good run in the park on a sunny morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

3 points from cynical me;

1) There's no fat in coke :p
    2) If you can knock out 8 mls in training, what's stopping you hitting the 1k for the year?
    3) How did you get out of bed that early on a Sunday, i'm impressed :pac:

1) There's no fat in coke :p
    You know what I mean :pac: Same terminology applies to proper Erdinger vs non-alcoholic.
    2) If you can knock out 8 mls in training, what's stopping you hitting the 1k for the year?
    Need to maintain a hair over 30mpw for that, got 23 miles on my schedule next week. I've just run out of time really, and don't really feel like getting injured. That said, if I'm within 45 miles of it by Christmas Day there could be an epic week...
    3) How did you get out of bed that early on a Sunday, i'm impressed :pac:
    Trust me, I was not very impressed to hear my alarm going off this morning, my phone is lucky it didn't get fecked across the room. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Nice to see you back up and at it RK. It’s been a tough few months. Bring on the iron ladies ;)

claralara wrote: »
    Nice to see you back up and at it RK. It’s been a tough few months. Bring on the ironing ladies ;)

FYP

Sorry but it had to be done

Sorry but it had to be done
    Eh no ted. :pac:

Going to the match tomorrow (even if it is a total dead rubber at this stage, can't see Estonia getting 5 goals in Dublin), so swapped tonight's day off for tomorrow's easy run. Did 6.8km, average pace 5.57/km, average HR 146 / max 164. Felt good throughout, which surprised me after doing my longest run in ages yesterday. :)

• Advertisement

Plan for this evening - 1 mile easy, 2 miles @ MP, 1 mile easy. May have run the MP miles a little too quickly in an attempt to get the run over and done with and get out of the rain (I'm seeing a cheeky 4.57 kilometer split on my Garmin from the middle of the run) - total distance covered 6.8km, average overall pace 5.35/km, average HR 154 / max 179. Hate this crappy weather, particularly because for the run I was heading pretty much straight out after getting a bit damp on the bike coming home from work!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jingle Bells?

Quite possibly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg

Getting a sports massage this evening, so today's run had to be done early (something that does not exactly fill me with great joy). Plan was 4 miles easy, did 6.8km, 6.11/km average pace, average HR 149 / max 164. Only just starting to feel in any way awake now, and I could really do with a big mug of coffee before I hop on the bike into work...

Hit 800 miles for the year this morning though, the last 100 miles has taken me since the first week in September. :rolleyes:

I had put to the back of my mind just how much pain was involved in sports massages! There's going to have to be some serious stretching this evening, I'd gotten seriously stiff while I was off the road. Probably didn't help that I engaged in some commuter racing on the bike on the way home after the massage last night... :pac:

Swapped the weekend's runs around so I could get out for my long run with the group today. Goal for today was 7 miles, which is the distance the group was planning. Add in the run to the start point and back (via the Spar on Ellis Quay for the mandatory post-long run can of real Coke) and we're at 15.1km covered. Average overall pace 6.09/km, average HR 149 / max 172. Absolutely delighted with that run, and my legs are feeling pretty good today now after the battering on Thursday night.

Jingle Bells 5k in 2 weeks? Bring it on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Jees, my average HR was 170! Not very fit or dodgy HRM, more likely bit of both but felt pretty comfortable today... More of this soon.

xebec wrote: »
    Jees, my average HR was 170! Not very fit or dodgy HRM, more likely bit of both but felt pretty comfortable today... More of this soon.

Good to see you back!

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »

Good stuff man, great to see you back on the road :)

Advertisement