Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Saw over on the Yoga and Pilates forum that there's a 4 week Yoga for Runners class starting up on Wednesday nights next week - gonna give that a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Saw over on the Yoga and Pilates forum that there's a 4 week Yoga for Runners class starting up on Wednesday nights next week - gonna give that a go :)

There's other forums???:confused:

mrslow wrote: »
    There's other forums???:confused:

Just a few others, for example - Fashion and Appearance will tell you how to dress for when you and Digger have to wear pink compression socks :)

Just a few others, for example - Fashion and Appearance will tell you how to dress for when you and Digger have to wear pink compression socks :)

It ain't happening, two of you three 'ladies' will have a forfeit to face for failing at Dunshaughlin. (Insert Evil Cackle):pac:

It ain't happening, two of you three 'ladies' will have a forfeit to face for failing at Dunshaughlin. (Insert Evil Cackle):pac:

Details of said forfeit please :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That the one on Wicklow street? They emailed me about that, alas, I'd go but the effort of going back into town at that time...

That the one on Wicklow street? They emailed me about that, alas, I'd go but the effort of going back into town at that time...

South William Street. Suits me because I work in town. :)

Aye, thats what I meant :o Wicklow Street/South William Street all one and the same the 'holistic centre of Dublin' :rolleyes: thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :pac:

Aye, thats what I meant :o Wicklow Street/South William Street all one and the same the 'holistic centre of Dublin' :rolleyes: thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :pac:

*points* Thar be hippies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Ah yes i used to collect my "wages" there in the post office every Tuesday for 2 years :D

• Advertisement

Details of said forfeit please :pac:

The winner is exempt from running the race series dressed in stockings, suspenders and a slutty french maid's outfit!!!

The winner is exempt from running the race series dressed in stockings, suspenders and a slutty french maid's outfit!!!

When or where did I say I was entering the race series? :pac:

When or where did I say I was entering the race series? :pac:

I'm sorry, did I make it seem like you had a choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck in the 5k at the weekend. You've put in all that patience during your injury and recovery, now it's time to reap the rewards! :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Best of luck in the 5k at the weekend. You've put in all that patience during your injury and recovery, now it's time to reap the rewards! :)

Fingers crossed! (currently trying to stop a tickly throat from exploding into full-on manflu :eek:)

Best of luck to yourself this weekend missus! Which day is your race on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Fingers crossed! (currently trying to stop a tickly throat from exploding into full-on manflu :eek:)

Best of luck to yourself this weekend missus! Which day is your race on?

Sunday :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Right so, have just decided to pace claralara at 10 minute miles ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Right so, have just decided to pace claralara at 10 minute miles ;)

You've Perky to beat!

I'd already swapped yesterday's 50 minute run to today (felt like I'd been hit by a bus when I got in from work yesterday, that coupled with getting in late meant that the swap was the only reasonable choice). Woke up this morning with a very tickly throat and a nice little cough to go with it - just my luck 2 days before my first race in nearly 3 months. Deeply unimpressed at this. Anyway. Today's run. The usual 8km / 5 mile loop, dead slow because I just did not have any energy at all tonight (10.13/mile average pace), any stretch of the legs at all felt draining. Absolutely flopped into my chair too when I got home. Think I'm going to have to grab some Berocca Boost on the way into work tomorrow and hope I feel better on Saturday morning...

I'd already swapped yesterday's 50 minute run to today (felt like I'd been hit by a bus when I got in from work yesterday, that coupled with getting in late meant that the swap was the only reasonable choice). Woke up this morning with a very tickly throat and a nice little cough to go with it - just my luck 2 days before my first race in nearly 3 months. Deeply unimpressed at this. Anyway. Today's run. The usual 8km / 5 mile loop, dead slow because I just did not have any energy at all tonight (10.13/mile average pace), any stretch of the legs at all felt draining. Absolutely flopped into my chair too when I got home. Think I'm going to have to grab some Berocca Boost on the way into work tomorrow and hope I feel better on Saturday morning...

You need Glutamine Missus!!!

• Advertisement

It's worse this morning, throat has gone from tickly to just feckin' sore, and I'm feeling like I really don't want to be in work right now.

/whine

I told you we're both cursed. :) Hope you feel better tomorrow.

It's worse this morning, throat has gone from tickly to just feckin' sore, and I'm feeling like I really don't want to be in work right now.

/whine

Just throw down all the standard fixers and take actifed going to bed!
    I told you we're both cursed.

Don't be dragging her down with the likes of you :P

Bahaha, this is going to be an epic clash with every item of running gear I own when I next replace my shoes :D

Bahaha, this is going to be an epic clash with every item of running gear I own when I next replace my shoes :D

I like them, could you not get them in pink though?:D

I like them, could you not get them in pink though?:D

My current ones are white and pink and I fcuking hate that colour scheme :pac:

My current ones are white and pink and I fcuking hate that colour scheme :pac:

Don't be a hater, embrace the pink! :)

Don't be a hater, embrace the pink! :)

Not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Yeah I had a pair of those pink & whites, no matter how grubby I got them that pinkness just shone through. Those blue 17s look good.

• Advertisement

Very short, easy run with a few strides this evening. Average pace 9.38/mile overall, 2.58 miles covered. Felt tougher than it should, though I'm *still* partly blaming the wind for that. **** sake, will it not just go away? :eek:

Really hoping the sore throat fecks off soon too, it's incredibly annoying :(

Advertisement