Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail list solution

Options
  • 04-04-2011 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

What do people recommend these days for managing e-mail lists and e-mail newsletters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I use www.constantcontact.com for the email newsletter side of things and find them very good, with great detailed reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'll check it out. I was ideally looking for something that I could run off my own web space and that would integrate with Joomla and/or Wordpress (sign up box).

Actually anybody using Mail Chimp?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

BrianD wrote: »
    Actually anybody using Mail Chimp?
    We do

Blacknight wrote: »
    We do

Must be a good product then! ;)

How do you find it. HAd a look under the hood and seems to be a comprehensive solution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

BrianD wrote: »
    Must be a good product then! ;)

How do you find it. HAd a look under the hood and seems to be a comprehensive solution.
    It's got a lot of powerful and useful features.

It doesn't cost anything to use for smaller lists, so there's no risk in "taking it for a spin"

The main reason we switched to it from CampaignMonitor was price.
    With CampaignMonitor you pay per email sent, so if you want to do a couple of mailings per month and your lists are growing it costs more each time
    With MailChimp you can pay monthly based on the size of your lists - which worked out better for us

Have a poke around some of the integrations they have

Now, having said that, it's not perfect (none of them are)
    We've had a few quirky issues to do with editing content, but they're constantly adding new features to it.

Advertisement