Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania aftermath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I missed the MITB match :( they should change or cancel this ppv and keep the match for Mania instead

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm just waiting for Kurt Angle to take credit for "inventing" the clothesline. at this rate he could do the warm-up for Charlie Sheen's Torpedo of Truth tour.

:D

Had to laugh at all his tweets last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good show. I ordered it and felt I got my money's worth.

- The Edge/Del Rio match was a great opener. I didn't expect Edge to retain clean but he is doing well as a babyface champ at the moment.

- Rey/Cody again I thought was entertaining. Mysterio is a great worker and Cody held his own. The right guy won I think.

- I enjoyed the Snoop audition thingy up until the end with Hornswoggle. I thought that bit was pretty weak.

- Corre vs others match was a head-scratcher. It didn't accomplish a lot for the young guys.

- Rock entertained me with his segments and the face-off with Austin was a great little moment.

- Orton/Punk was good too. Not amazing, and the finish was too sudden for my tastes but it was fine.

- Lawler/Cole I also enjoyed. Some of the fans shat on the match at one stage but I don't know what they were expecting from Cole who isn't a wrestler. I didn't hate it personally. The reversal decision at the end I think was pretty lame. I don't think that was necessary to further the feud. The stunners to Josh and Booker did shock me. :pac:

- Taker/HHH stole the show. Fantastic match which told a great story. I was certain Taker would win but at the third pedigree and the tombstone spot an element of doubt crept in. I liked the fact Triple H was caught and had to tap out like that. It was like an MMA style finish and both guys were left looking strong. Now I just hope Hunter doesn't ruin it by beating Taker in a follow-up match. You put him over, do it with a promo on Raw tonight as well, and I shall tip my hat to you.

- Snooki match was alright. I was surprised the women seemed to work most of it though. The Jersey Shore girl did her spot well. Accomplished what it was supposed to.

- Miz/Cena - first off I'm a big Cena fan but that entrance failed. I don't know what they were hoping for with that. It was so OTT that I actually wondered if a Cena heel turn was coming in the match. The Miz intro I thought was actually quite great and put over his journey very well.
    The match itself disappointed me. They don't seem to have much chemistry and it felt like one of Cena's weaker Mania efforts. I didn't really like the stoppage and Rock coming down which seemed very TNA-like. They did the spot I kind of expected with Rock costing Cena the match. I'm fine with that since I had said Miz needed the win more and it hopefully sets up a mouthwatering Cena/Rock match later on. I have mixed views on the show ending with Rock triumphant. Yes it did take away from Cena and Miz but on the other hand a lot of people, like me, ordered this show primarily due to Rock being on it.

Overall I thought it was mostly good stuff. One thing I didn't understand was why Sheamus/Bryan wasn't on but I read they bumped it to a dark match. How stupid, and it did annoy me last night as I didn't get why it wasn't on. The negative comments from some surprise me. Most of the matches were good, one was great and a few head-scratching booking decisions aside, I was left a happy customer. Looking forward to Raw as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

it was better than last years imo. i found it very average at stages but overall most parts good.

pros: rhodes winning
    orton vs punk
    hhh vs taker pure epic
    snookis flip
    austin hitting the stunner on booker t :D

cons: rocks overall contribution was average and poor
    no bryan vs sheamus
    cole didnt receive a stunner :eek:
    the main event was boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

And lastly with regard to the actual matches, and definitely least. The main event was terrible. It better articulated every issue I have Cena than any of the posts I've had on him. Terrible booking, terrible wrestling, no connection with the majority of the crowd. On all those threads when Rock came back, I have said things like "The Cena/Miz match needs The Rock" or how I said Cena/Miz would be terrible, I hope watching it shows why I said that. Both need a good worker in the ring with them. Without a decent wrestler, they are lost. It doesn't matter what build up you could have given them. Cena/Miz simply could not carry a main event level match without gimmicks to rescue them. I seriously hope I never have to read anybody else on here claim Cena is an all-time great.

nobody says cena is an time great technically but your hate of the man is just blinding everything

no crowd connection, if that were the case people would sit on their hands and not whisper a sound ala mike knox during his time there, you cannot blame cena for the booking of that match last night, it reminded me of bret and yoko booking at wm9 and then hogan stealing both mens thunder, the booking of a match has a huge bearing on everything, orton and hhh are not bad workers yet their affair at wm25 was poorly booked too and played out alot like last night miz/cena match

i also disagree both men need a good worker or a gimmick match to rescue them, go back and watch cena and batista at mania last year or cena and batista at summerslam 2008 or cena and lashley at gab, no gimmicks, average workers in there with cena but good matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a big problem with the main event was the fact the world and it's aunty knew Rock was coming at some point, such was the way in which the feud was

Rock should've been at ringside from the start or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Pretty much have identical thoughts to Slick on the show, so cheers to him for typing up my thoughts for me :pac:
    I liked the fact Triple H was caught and had to tap out like that. It was like an MMA style finish and both guys were left looking strong.

Interesting because I didn't like the finish for almost the opposite reasons. Tapping out just looks weak after bragging for so many weeks that Hunter was going to "die trying" to beat Taker. Plus I hate that submission in wrestling since Takers shoulders are pinned to the mat. Still, got to give them credit for banging themselves up so badly and going all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SlickRic wrote: »
    a big problem with the main event was the fact the world and it's aunty knew Rock was coming at some point, such was the way in which the feud was

Rock should've been at ringside from the start or something.

The Rock has overshadowed the WWE title match since his return with his subsequent feud with Cena - I do agree it would have been to have at ringside from the start or guest ref for the match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I thought Mania was good.

But I would have preferred Orton v Punk to get serious time on a show featuring so many old timers. It would have been great if WWE used the star power of HHH, Taker, Stone Cold and Rock to showcase Orton and Punk more. I thought Punk was fantastic in the time they did get. Easily the best in ring performer today.

Re the ending on the show, i thought the double count out was bull until the very end when when Rock layed them both out. After Cena and Miz were semi conscious it was okay with me that a fresh Rock could take them down.

I enjoyed the Edge v Del Rio match and as the show went on the results led me to believe there was no way Miz was losing the title.

The big winner for me was Cody Rhodes, he looked like a star on the biggest stage of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Slick Ric's analysis of the show was perfect so I won't repeat that. The one thing I do want to know is what was up with Cena in the main event? His performance looked awful (I don't mean that in the Cena hater kind of way).
    He looked out of sorts, JR and King kept bringing this up too. At one point while running from one side of the ring to the other he just seemed to fall for no reason, commentary said he tripped over Miz but it didn't look like it. Anyone know if there was anything legit wrong with him, or was his poor performance just more bizarre booking?

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Interesting because I didn't like the finish for almost the opposite reasons. Tapping out just looks weak after bragging for so many weeks that Hunter was going to "die trying" to beat Taker. Plus I hate that submission in wrestling since Takers shoulders are pinned to the mat. Still, got to give them credit for banging themselves up so badly and going all out.

I interpreted the finish as Triple H being caught out by emotion. He had previously accused Michaels of letting emotion get the better of him in his matches with Taker and swore this would not happen, however as the match wore on he saw that he couldn't finish him off and began screaming 'Stay Down!' As a result he made a mistake and the wily veteran caught him and he had to tap. I absolutely loved it.

I've bashed Hunter numerous times but I'll give the devil his due because I thought he sold the story superbly last night. The look of shock and dismay on his face at being punished for his mistake, and as well as that there was also the moment after the match where Taker fell to the floor and Hunter almost looked like he wanted to help him up. He totally allowed his emotions to get the better of him and that was his downfall.

Your interpretation of it is also valid but I liked the fact that Hunter didn't go down that way. I was expecting about 3 tombstones to beat him but I liked the way they did it in the end. I thought it was an epic match and Hunter's best in yonks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Well heres my 2 cents worth,

In my opinion its all about the show now (they don't hide that fact though) but they seem to forget that the people are there to see the wrestling and the, intro's / sideshows are a bonus and not the other way around.

I haven't watched wrestling for years and i'm sorry to say i won't be rushing back to see more any time soon either, saying as last night was supposed to be flagship event, world cup if you will. Its was far too slow and laborious, there would be one big move then show them rolling on the ground for a few minutes then replay then more rolling for a few minutes then repeat the process over and over.

The big thing that annoyed me was when did finishing moves not finish people, it makes a mockery of the moves themselves. If thats modern wrestling, sorry but i pass :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The big thing that annoyed me was when did finishing moves not finish people, it makes a mockery of the moves themselves. If thats modern wrestling, sorry but i pass :(
    that's what PPVs do tbh, nobody has kicked out of an FU or Pedigree on a house show for years. It shows that they give there extra on the big stage. People kick out of finishers at every Mania I don't see how that's a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Liam O wrote: »
    that's what PPVs do tbh, nobody has kicked out of an FU or Pedigree on a house show for years. It shows that they give there extra on the big stage. People kick out of finishers at every Mania I don't see how that's a problem.

Why are they still called finishing moves then and not just signature moves! makes no sense at all, if its a finisher it should finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

rossie1977 wrote: »
    nobody says cena is an time great technically but your hate of the man is just blinding everything

no crowd connection, if that were the case people would sit on their hands and not whisper a sound ala mike knox during his time there, you cannot blame cena for the booking of that match last night, it reminded me of bret and yoko booking at wm9 and then hogan stealing both mens thunder, the booking of a match has a huge bearing on everything, orton and hhh are not bad workers yet their affair at wm25 was poorly booked too and played out alot like last night miz/cena match

i also disagree both men need a good worker or a gimmick match to rescue them, go back and watch cena and batista at mania last year or cena and batista at summerslam 2008 or cena and lashley at gab, no gimmicks, average workers in there with cena but good matches

I've given reasoned debate on Cena before only to be met with people misconstruing what I say or ignoring large parts of it. I have said numerous times that booking/creative are to blame for a lot of his problems. And believe me there are problems, lets not pretend otherwise,when the lead babyface, who has been pushed stronger than anybody else for 6 years is still booed out of the arena. I think he is shít in the ring, so do a LOT of other people. Read the PW Torch reports for example. Read PowerSlam. Read the WM Live thread last night. It is a common belief.

I have seen noting in the past 7 years to change my mind. Just looking at 2011, he has been terrible on PPV this year. He cocked up in the Rumble and eliminated Riley. He mainly lay on the ground in the Chamber match and screwed up the few things he had to do and sold worse than Michael Cole (hyperbole before anybody gets their knickers in a twist). I don't blame him for the booking, the Superman comeback is not his fault, that is creative. Then last night was a terrible main event.

You are taking my words extremely literally with regard to no crowd connection. Do you honestly think I literally meant people sat there motionless. I obviously meant the crowd was muted.

I'm sorry but Cena has proven time and again he needs a stronger worker with him in the ring. Plus none of your examples are a Cena/Miz match, which makes them somewhat irrelevant to my point. In the long thread about this a few months ago, people were suggesting matches with HBK and Umaga as signs of what he could do. HBK could have a 5 star match with Snooki. You are suggesting matches that were merely competent, not good. Need I remind you that Cena and Batista were the guys who famously cocked up the end of a Royal Rumble match by eliminating each other. That is one incident, but added to the long list of terrible things Cena has done in-ring, I see no reason to change my opinion.

As for the all-time great line, people specifically said that on threads here. I didn't say they said he was a technical wrestling great, nor did I even suggest it. But it was still said. It should be obvious I was referring to the all round package. Nevertheless, an all time great wrestler does need to be able to have regular matches at a decent level. He doesn't. The Miz is better than Cena in ring, but again he needs the right opponent.

Regardless of whether The Rock was stealing their thunder, it has no influence on how poor/average the in-ring action was. It was devoid of excitement. It looked like 2 rookies, not the main event of Wrestlemania. It is not like these are knee jerk reactions. I've given him many, many years to win me over.

• Advertisement

I've given reasoned debate on Cena before only to be met with people misconstruing what I say or ignoring large parts of it. I have said numerous times that booking/creative are to blame for a lot of his problems. And believe me there are problems, lets not pretend otherwise,when the lead babyface, who has been pushed stronger than anybody else for 6 years is still booed out of the arena. I think he is shít in the ring, so do a LOT of other people. Read the PW Torch reports for example. Read PowerSlam. Read the WM Live thread last night. It is a common belief.

And yet the voters of the Wrestling Observer voted him best wrestler of the year in 2007 and also last year.
    I'm sorry but Cena has proven time and again he needs a stronger worker with him in the ring. Plus none of your examples are a Cena/Miz match, which makes them somewhat irrelevant to my point. In the long thread about this a few months ago, people were suggesting matches with HBK and Umaga as signs of what he could do. HBK could have a 5 star match with Snooki. You are suggesting matches that were merely competent, not good. Need I remind you that Cena and Batista were the guys who famously cocked up the end of a Royal Rumble match by eliminating each other. That is one incident, but added to the long list of terrible things Cena has done in-ring, I see no reason to change my opinion.

Those who remember '07 will recall Cena got a better match out of Khali than HBK did. He also has done well in matches with Batista and Barrett who are not exactly great workers. I don't think the claim he needs a stronger worker holds up to scrutiny.

I don't see how you can say Miz is a better worker than Cena either. How many great matches has Miz had? The only ones I can think of that come close are ones with Morrison and Lawler. Has Miz ever had an enjoyable match with a limited worker? Cena has had many.

I didn't like the main event last night but it's quite opportunistic to use it to knock Cena since he has generally delivered big time at Wrestlemania, like he did last year, and yet doesn't seem to get credit for that. Or are we to believe Batista is a stronger worker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I will start by saying im glad i watched it online rather than buying it. The only reason i didnt buy it was that i spent all my money in the boozer the other night but intended on buying this. I really think 4 hours is too long for a PPV. There was so much time filling and it was extremely frustrating. A 3 hour PPV would of been sufficient and would of kept the crowd animated. Undertaker-HHH was a bit OTT. I think it was too similar to the HBK matches but it lacked the heart of it of the HBK fights. It still was the best match of the night. Miz and Cena seemed rushed, which is unbelievable considering the amount of time filling they were doing all night. Im very disappointed. Its Wrestlemania ffs. PPVs cant all be great but its not an option for Wrestlemania to let down. They will sell out next years WM and the ones after that and will still make a load of cash from PPV sales but for people who only watch around WM time, they aint gonna be watching throughout the year. I havnt watched wrestling regularly since last years Wrestlemania. I will probably do the same until next year unless The Rock and Cena feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

And yet the voters of the Wrestling Observer voted him best wrestler of the year in 2007 and also last year.

Those who remember '07 will recall Cena got a better match out of Khali than HBK did. He also has done well in matches with Batista and Barrett who are not exactly great workers. I don't think the claim he needs a stronger worker holds up to scrutiny.

I don't see how you can say Miz is a better worker than Cena either. How many great matches has Miz had? The only ones I can think of that come close are ones with Morrison and Lawler. Has Miz ever had an enjoyable match with a limited worker? Cena has had many.

I didn't like the main event last night but it's quite opportunistic to use it to knock Cena since he has generally delivered big time at Wrestlemania, like he did last year, and yet doesn't seem to get credit for that. Or are we to believe Batista is a stronger worker?

It's not a good sign for a wrestler if you have to cherry pick matches from a 7 year run as lead face in the company (with all the positive booking that brings). I didn't say he has never had a good match. All I'm saying is that he is an extremely average worker. I would very much disagree that he delivers big time at Mania. Some OK matches does not equal big time in my eyes.

It is not opportunistic. Firstly, I mentioned Cena in a small section of a much longer post. Yet it is only the Cena element that is being discussed. I'm shocked that people on here are so defensive of Cena. I'm saying this now as I repeatedly stated in the build up to Mania that a Cena/Miz main match was not good enough to be the last match. And I think I have a good case considering what happened. I'm not being wise after the event, I said it beforehand.

My previous post was a defence of my thoughts. I don't want to have to constantly restate what I think about him, yet it seems necessary when I'm misrepresented. I don't irrationally hate him, nor am I blinded. I'm not saying he has never had a good match. I'm not saying he would not improve with better booking. But in his current guise, it is simply not working. And a Cena/Miz Wrestlemania main event should never have gone ahead in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oh no, another thread derailed into a Cena p!ssing contest. :( inevitable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

watched the main event i think it was probaley the worst mania main event ever thought miz and cena would put on a good match but was very dissapointed liked the rest of the show taker/hhh was great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why are they still called finishing moves then and not just signature moves! makes no sense at all, if its a finisher it should finish it.

HBK kicking out of the tombstone was one of the best mania moments ever. I jumped out of my seat watching that, and I rarely mark out for anything anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Too many bells and whistles and not enough action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It was almost an hour into the ppv and it was only midway through the 2nd match, thats ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Strongly disagree. Knowing the result of a potential 3 count before it happens is boring and I used to hate JR calling a match over on the 2 because I knew that meant a kickout (not that I don't adore good ol JR (To quote your avatar, that rhymes and you know it rhymes).

I even enjoy seeing someone getting pinned by a non-finisher to keep you on your toes.

As a fellow ex-fan I got about as much enjoyment out of Mania last night as I used to out of the likes of Backlash or No Mercy. Quite enjoyed Taker - HHH because they conned me into thinking HHH might win. Orton doesn't seem to be a headlock fanatic anymore and I can see why others on this thread are fawning over Punk (hadn't seen anything of him before now I don't thing).

I also marked out big time over Austin and The Rock - way too easy :D

Regarding the The Rocks role he was stuck between eh a rock and a hard place. Too little time on air and it becomes obvious his "hosting role" is nothing more than a set up to involve him in the main event, too much time on the air and he's taking up other's time and having the show built around him over the young starts.

Both title matches would annoy me if I was still a hardcore fan. The winner of the rumble a curtain opener? Way to devalue your world title and third biggest PPV. The WWE Belt match, first why is the champion coming out first? Second, a WM Main Event should be the climax of a great feud not setting one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So 3 pedigrees, a vicious chair shot and a tombstone later......and the deadman still kicks out. The problem I have with this is that he was dominated, yet still won. So what I'm wondering is where do they go from here in regards to the streak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I wasn't expecting a lot before the show to be honest and I was contemplating drastically cutting down the amount of hours per week I spend reading/watching anything wrestling related after Wrestlemania, hence not paying for this PPV as I just don't think WWE put out a product worth spending money on anymore. Yes I am another Attitude Era mark.

I was actually looking forward to watching this in the Dublin citi hotel more than actually watching the event itself.

However, I thought it was a fairly good show with plenty of decent spots, and the winners of most of the matches were pleasantly surprising to me, which was one complaint i had after the predictable Elimination Chamber.

I thought the overall quality of wrestling was very good in the two Championship matches, and the Taker/Trips match was amazing; full of high spots and near finishes - that's exactly all I want in a wrestling match.

My other positive aspects (my Wrestlemania 27 moments if you will) that I took from this show:

The Stone Cold Stunners,
    Miz kicking out of the FU
    HHH tomb-stoning Taker
    Taker kick out of 2 pedigrees
    JR on commentary
    The Rock bottom on Cena (I was expecting it, but I never thought Rock would cost Cena the belt)

My negatives would be no Sheamus on the card, no blood in the HHH/Taker match, and the crowd sounded dead most of the time.

Final verdict is a 7/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Worst Wrestlemania in quite some time.

They used the main event of Mania to further a storyline involving an ex-wrestler and made the champ (getting the biggest win he'll ever get in his life) look like a complete spa. Jesus Christ.

HHH/taker was match of the night but even that was just a string of finishers and kick outs. I'd expect a bit more psychology from two such veterans. ROH used to get slated for putting on stuff like this.

Glad I didn't stay up for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Charisteas wrote: »
    .I thought the overall quality of wrestling was very good in the two Championship matches

do you really think The Miz and Cena was very good quality.

Best moment opf the night for me was the Rock meeting Stone Cold. That was f*cking epic.

Says it all really when two ex-wrestlers meeting backstage is the highlight of the night.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So 3 pedigrees, a vicious chair shot and a tombstone later......and the deadman still kicks out. The problem I have with this is that he was dominated, yet still won. So what I'm wondering is where do they go from here in regards to the streak?

It essentially makes it impossible to believe anyone (though the next one for 20-0 will probably be the last one) could ever beat Taker at WM.

• Advertisement

do you really think The Miz and Cena was very good quality.

Granted they were very pushed for time, but i thought it was short and sweet and they got in a few decent spots, and that's what i wanted from that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Thought it was a good enough Mania.

Glad they didn't go for the obvious like Christian turning on Edge or HBK interfering.

Some points though.

Del Rio v Edge was good but the opening match? Dreadful that the Royal Rumble winner gets to "open Mania".

Cody v Rey was very enjoyable, Cody plays the deformed gimmick really really well.

HHH v Taker was a bit of a spotfest that never got out of third gear for me. Unfortunately due to the streak being a bit too untouchable, no Mania match with Taker is ever going to be that dramatic unless the opponent has something big to lose. Never thought HHH was going to win despite all the aggression.

Cole v King was a decent pay off, Cole was very good as a heel and it will be interesting to see what happens from hereon on the announcing booth.

Orton v Punk was a great match but I would have liked to have Punk win to continue the feud on a bit.

The Corre match was embarrassingly bad as was the intergender match.

The main event was ok, The Rock interfering at the end was entertaining but booking-wise im unsure if it made sense.

I do think that it's písspoor that the US title was a dark match, the Tag titles and IC title were dragged into a shítty boring rushed match that was tough on the eyes.

I know WWE don't hugely value their secondary titles but it was a bit of a joke that 4 of your 6 titles aren't defended on the biggest show of the year (dark match doesnt count in my books if its not on tv)

Barrington wrote: »
    It essentially makes it impossible to believe anyone (though the next one for 20-0 will probably be the last one) could ever beat Taker at WM.

If someone doesn't break the streak - preferably Cena - then its been a complete waste of time tbh.

Was it just me or were Lawler and JR awful on commentary last night. Seemed to be a lot of long spells of nothing being said.

flahavaj wrote: »
    If someone doesn't break the streak - preferably Cena - then its been a complete waste of time tbh.

I probably wouldnt have agreed with you last year, but considering WWE don't give a shít anymore about legacy or history, you're probably right.

Shawn Michaels watching Wrestlemania last night-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

from my mates facebook - "Actually stayed up to watch Wrestlemania....wow. I'm surprised we didnt hear a 'Hire Russo' chant"

Who do you want him to wrestle next year?

One out of these seven would draw the highest buyrates - John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Sting - but probably 6 out of those 7 ships have sailed, which leaves Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

WWE should probably rehire Angle to take on Taker next year.It'd be a great match(yeah its happened before but Taker has wrestled Everyone in WWE).It'd be a great technical match unlike asking Taker to carry the workload against a Barrett or Cena.

• Advertisement

Who do you want him to wrestle next year?

One out of these seven would draw the highest buyrates - John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Sting - but probably 6 out of those 7 ships have sailed, which leaves Cena.

I want to see Cena beat Taker next year. There's no point in him retiring with the streak intact.

GTR63 wrote: »
    WWE should probably rehire Angle to take on Taker next year.

That could work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

I want to see Cena beat Taker next year. There's no point in him retiring with the streak intact.

why cena? the most over star on the roster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jazzy wrote: »

It would be an epic moment ala Hogan slamming Andre etc, and it would be a wonderful catalyst for Cena to turn heel.

Jazzy wrote: »

Because I'd love to taste the bitter bitter tears of his hatorz on very message board on the internet.

Forget, Rock, Cena, Taker, HHH and All.

How Great is CM Punk?

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Forget, Rock, Cena, Taker, HHH and All.

How Great is CM Punk?

He was incredible. Facial expressions were fantastic. Pity he couldn't have got the win. I'm all for Orton getting the one over (him being the face) I just thought there was a lot more legs to the feud (assuming its over now)

He was incredible. Facial expressions were fantastic. Pity he couldn't have got the win. I'm all for Orton getting the one over (him being the face) I just thought there was a lot more legs to the feud (assuming its over now)

I don't think its over yet....

Its his expressions that put him over the top and prove to me he is the best performer.

I think I will watch the Orton v Punk match a few more times.

I wouldn't be against the feud continuing, but it feels like the end of the road to me. Orton has taken out the new Nexus one-by-one, culminating in beating their leader at Wrestlemania. What's he got left to prove in this angle?

I wouldn't be against the feud continuing, but it feels like the end of the road to me. Orton has taken out the new Nexus one-by-one, culminating in beating their leader at Wrestlemania. What's he got left to prove in this angle?

Orton has nothing left to prove as such,

Punk has lots to prove though.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Orton has nothing left to prove as such,

Punk has lots to prove though.

Yeah Punk does. But Orton may turn around and say "screw you Punk, I beat you and took out all your Nexus members, now I want a shot at Miz's title".

• Advertisement
Advertisement