Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania aftermath

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

gimmick wrote: »
    As for the main event. It was going quite well until the absolute clusterfúck of an ending. What were they thinking? If an episode of Raw ended like that you would understand, but for the biggest show of the year? Rubbish.

This is probably the biggest stickler for me about the entire show.

The end of Mania is meant to give you that relieving feeling that you've watched a spectacle or that you've watched a big story conclude.

Having the WrestleMania 27 main event be a platform for WrestleMania 28 main event is absolutely retarded and a huge insult to people who actually purchased the show. You can't sell it is the "biggest show of the year" if it has a Raw-ending. The poor Americans that paid $65 of their hard earned money for that must be absolutely raging.

Also not having a Tag Title, IC Title, Divas Title or US Title match on the PPV Card and on Tv just shows how little WWE give a crap about any other titles.

And also, winning the Rumble to open Mania.... Bóllocks to that.

HHH/Taker was a spotfest, I'm not sure why people are going nuts for that match it was just spot after spot and it got tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

People do realise that the GM changing the decision of the match was supposed to entice this kind of reaction?

Now, in saying that;
    Does anyone remember the raw before the rumble? With nexus and the Corre? Where cena disqualified both punk and wade?
    The GM chimed in and said he couldn't reverse the refs decision.
    I hate the in consistency in the wwe sometimes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

HHH v Taker was also good but incredibly slow. Looked like Taker made a mess of that submission move. Is HHHs head not supposed to be locked in bewteen his legs. Didnt look like it.
    Its hard to believe that the two men who fought ten years earlier at the same event would be back to do it one more time. Highlights the lack of firepower in the main event in WWE.

Just on this point : no.
    Hells Gate is basically a gogoplata and is a shin choke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/releases_2011.jsp

Superstars Fined for Chair Shot
    Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There's another thing that I felt that was missing from WM. Matt Striker...

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Striker but some of the stuff he comes out with are just hilarious and would've provided a better sense of excitement than King and JR did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rjd2 wrote: »
    http://corporate.wwe.com/news/releases_2011.jsp

Superstars Fined for Chair Shot
    Pursuant to WWE's Concussion policy, the stunt of using a folded metal chair shot to the head is prohibited. Triple H and The Undertaker have both been fined for violating this policy at WrestleMania XXVII. WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension for violation of this policy, which is unchanged and still in effect.

It was a No Holds Barred match :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ What would have happened had one of them stabbed another. No Holds Barred?

Its company rules since the Benoit incident. No chair shots to the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It was a No Holds Barred match :confused:

Chair shots to the head are banned. Obviously they can't say that kayfabe, but the damage of shots to head has been proven to be extremely damaging to wrestlers brains.

I presume HHH/Taker had special dispensation and that press release is a PR move to show that they are still banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

on the ending to the cena/miz match question is would miz actually have made it into the ring in time to beat the 10 count given the way the back of his head bounced off the floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Also in that match, did Cena trip over Miz when he was running the ropes mid match. Seemed like a small botch to me. He covered it well tbh, but it still looked a bit off to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

gimmick wrote: »
    Also in that match, did Cena trip over Miz when he was running the ropes mid match. Seemed like a small botch to me. He covered it well tbh, but it still looked a bit off to me.

i noticed that to and so did the crowd around me, there was a few groans and then jeers when he fell over, but im sure that he was booked to do that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i noticed that to and so did the crowd around me, there was a few groans and then jeers when he fell over, but im sure that he was booked to do that.

the commentaters spoke about how he seemed a lil off his game at that point suggesting he was a lil out of it after the Miz caught him with a strike to the head or something iirc, I thought at the time they were covering for him myself but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is there a chance that the supposed finish didnt happen the way it was supposed to happen?

Take it like this.
    Lets say miz and cena should have gone over the wall as planned, but slowly making their way back to the ring. They dont get in the ring but are outside on the floor.
    The ref counts them out and rock makes his way to the ring with cena devastated and miz celebrating over the decision.
    He restarts the match and both wrestlers make it into the ring and after a little back and forth between miz and cena, rock gets in the ring and hits the rock bottom.

Now, why i suggest this ending was possibly proposed was because miz properly hit the ground and looked properly concussed. maybe rock was sent down to keep the audience distracted while a medic checked over the lads.
    Rocks promo seemed a little too long to be written,
    Of course, the GM bit would have been the same.

All im saying is because i watched it back and we dont really see cena or miz getting up off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

very disappointed with this year's mania the best match form me was punk v orton and it was too short and the wrong person won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

F4WOnline.com is reporting that there was much internal criticism within WWE of WrestleMania 27 just as many of the fans have criticized the show. The same issues fans had, like the ending of the show and the Lawler vs Cole match, were had by many WWE officials as well. There was reportedly a lot of second guessing about the show after it was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mania's like this every year nowadays. Vince knows it's their biggest show of the year, and so goes into mental micro-managing and over-thinking and re-thinking everything up until bell time. He becoming deeply paranoid and changes everything from the match placement to match times and who wins etc etc..... so Mania the last few years really falls flat on it's arse in general.

You know something's rotten internally when the Royal Rumble winner curtain-jerks WrestleMania, and a highly publicised match (Lawler/Cole) dies a sorry death and gets "boring" chants....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, I don't know how anyone booking that Lawler/Cole match thought it needed more than a minute. Surely they knew letting Cole get offence was always going to be painful? The problem was everyone wanted the payoff of Lawler just destroying Cole and that never happened, meaning people did not get what they wanted. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm glad officials didn't like it.

it means, maybe...just MAYBE...someone might do something about it for future years.

i won't hold my breath though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

First step...don't use Mania as a tool to promote other PPVs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

First step...don't use Mania as a tool to promote other PPVs!

Definitely. It's extremely TNA of them. When your main event is people waiting for a f**king run-in, you know something's wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tbh, I don't know how anyone booking that Lawler/Cole match thought it needed more than a minute. Surely they knew letting Cole get offence was always going to be painful? The problem was everyone wanted the payoff of Lawler just destroying Cole and that never happened, meaning people did not get what they wanted. :/

Agreed and the ending was stupid , they should have had the GM to reverse the decision on Raw and let Jerry have the WM Moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Definitely. It's extremely TNA of them. When your main event is people waiting for a f**king run-in, you know something's wrong.

It did have a Jeff Jarrett title match feel to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The whole of that segment when you count Austin stunning Booker went 30 minutes which was really dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rjd2 wrote: »
    The whole of that segment when you count Austin stunning Booker went 30 minutes which was really dumb.

Especially when you have Daniel Bryan (your former US champ, and extremely skilled performer) against Sheamus (your former World Champ, current King of the Ring and current US champ) in a bloody dark match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's frightening how little they learned from McMahon/Hart. They pretty much did they exact same thing a year later and it got the exact same result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Considering that the Lawler/Cole match was the best built feud going into Mania, I would have felt a bit hard done by if the match was only given a minute.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone the omission of the Sheamus/Bryan match, but as Lawler/Cole was the best built feud on the card, and also featured Steve Austin, it deserved the fair portion of time it got.

Of course it wasn't a great match, it was never going to be with a commentator versus an OAP, but I felt the match was fine for what it was and what I was expecting.

Advertisement