Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 Bets to Broke Again Flat & Last of the Jumps

Options
  • 04-04-2011 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Here we go again.

4:40 Windsor

Evelyn May : This selection is something of a Gut feeling one, but has a good record fresh and ran well most of last year of a bit lower marks. Second last run at ponte looks decent in that it didnt get the greatest of runs. That run was off 75 with no claimer on board, the 7lbs claimer on today, and the high draw make her a 10/1 or lower shot to me and she is available at 14/1 .

1 Points win 14/1 Betfred.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Best of luck Aidan $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Transferring funds into my betfair account with the sole intention of just following you with the account. Last thread was great again, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

4:15 Aintree

Mamlook: I had a feeling he would win something at aintree, and altough not amazing value at 7.5 on Betfair, he just looks the most likely winner here. Even tough he is 6lbs out of the handicap (but with a good 5lbs claimer on), this is exactly the type of race for him. his jumping should improve with only 9:9 on his back , and the flat track here should be perfect. There is a bit of cut in the going which will also suit.

2 Points win Betfair

5:25 Aintree

Afsoun: Had a look at a few of his runs this year, and he looks to have a bit of a chance here. He started the year of with a good 3rd of 90 in a flat handicap and to me looked to be going well in a 3m handicap at cheltenham when brought down and the 3rd last. His 3rd in his last run behind Celestial Halo and Trenchant, makes his mark here of 137 look very decent, considering he was only 6 lnegths behind trenchant there and he is a solid 150 horse. He has a good 3lbs claimer on and the trip should be ideal. He is currently 110 win and 15.5 place on betfair

1 Point win 1 Point Place

Ante Post National

Calgary Bay: He has been very good this year and his last 2 runs in Cheltenham 2m5f hot handicaps have decent. He is a decent jumper and if he can hunt around the first circuit he may be able to stay the extra trip. He just looks overpriced on betfair at 50 win 11 place. Im sure he will be shorter on the day. The trainer really wont send anything to this race unless she thinks it will suit. Altough he has had 2 poor enough runs at this meeting last 2 years, this year he has had a decent break since january and that should help

1 Point Win 1 Point Place

• Advertisement

5:25 Aintree

Get me Out Of Here: He ran a super race in the County Hurdle, just getting nabbed when it looked like he had it won. He seems to only want to do enough to win, and should be able to stand his 5lbs rise here in a much weaker race. I dont think there is any doubt he should go of shorter than the 9.8 that is available now, and in my view he should be FAV. It is a step up in trip but he looks as tough that will suit.

2 Points Win Betfair 9.8

3:40 Aintree

Boxer Georg: I just cant let a Mullins horse go of at 50/1 at aintree without having small bet. He ran well in his 3rd last run when running on well for 2nd over 2m4f on heavy. He didnt really do anything his next 2 races, but here hoping the better ground and 2m6f trip give him a small chance. Its hard to see Baby Run winning after his excertions at the festival and im having difficutly picking anything elso to beat him. He is currently 50 win 12 place on betfair

2:00 Aintree

Thanks to nulty to alerting me to this market

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...4:00/w-o-big-2

I really like Sentry Duty in that Market @ 6/1 , he has had a decent break which is always an advantage with him, he had a excellent run in the Cesarewitch of 102 on the flat. He has a 111 record when fresh.. If he can travel as well as he often does for this trip, that might look a big price. The softer going will only help, (altough in fairness help the big two as well).

2 Points win 6/1 Bet365 or Totesport without the big 2.

Cant resist .5 point win on betfair at 50 on Betfair just in case.

2:30 Aintree

Houblon Des Obeaux : Sturggling to get the first 2 in the betting beat here, but i think this is the value of the race. The softer going will definatly help here as will the possibility of a bit slower pace than the festival. He has beaten Kumbeshwar and local hero before on soft and i like his chances of placing here. He looks a bit overpriced at 32 win 5 place.

.5 Point win 1 Point Place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

aidankkk wrote: »

Boxer Georg:

Well done. Just 2nd to Baby Run (costs me more money after what he did at Cheltenham!:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

nnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo

frown.gifI was sure he had it, poor jump at the last put paid to it.. Still 12 to placesmile.gif

aidankkk wrote: »

Houblon Des Obeaux : Sturggling to get the first 2 in the betting beat here, but i think this is the value of the race. The softer going will definatly help here as will the possibility of a bit slower pace than the festival. He has beaten Kumbeshwar and local hero before on soft and i like his chances of placing here. He looks a bit overpriced at 32 win 5 place.

.5 Point win 1 Point Place

Very lucky to get 3rd here. :)

+ 4.5 Point Yesterday

Tread 7 Bets +2.5 BSP + 3.5 Advised. Not run yet 2 Points

Chasing Cars: Really looks a good ground hrose on the evidence of his runaway win last year at punchestown. Altough the ground is good/soft this should still suit him in comparison to what he has run on this year so far. He has had only 2 runs this year, and the trainer record of sending horses over to the uk in recent years is very good. Hopefully he takes to these fences.

1 Point Each Way 20/1 paying 12345

The Giant Bolster: with many of the others having gone at the festival, particulary the RSA, teh fact the the selection fell early in that race means he should be fresher for this race than the others. His jumping needs to improve but its not as difficult as Cheltenham. The long run in will definatly suit him and he tent to find loads at the end of his races. The ground should be against Quito De La Roque, and that leaves a lot of the field ruled out in one way of the other. He looks overpriced at 10.5 on Betfair

2 Points Win.

4:50 aintree

Pistolet Noir: Good 3rd at this meeting last year when staying on in a 2m4f handicap hurdle of the same mark, and not so bad in the Coral Cup when slightly outpaced. The Step up in trip should suit and so should the good ground. He looks overpriced and will surly get backed in as Ruby is up on him for the first time since aintree last year. Currently 21 win 4.8 place

Fistral Beach: If he can be forgiven his run in the racing post chase, where he was send of fav but hit the first and never got going, he might stand a small chance here. Aintree over the Big Fences allways seems to suit strong travellers, and altough the ground is not ideal he does have hurdles form on good ground. He has been a dissapointing horse so far in his career but he looks a bit overpriced in this race at 40/1 EW with Stan James and VCBET paying 12345 places. Amazingly this will be the first race in his carreer he doesnt start FAV, and Sodds law alone warrents a small bet

1 Point EW 40/1 12345

4:50 aintree

Viking Bond. He is a consistant 3m handicap hurdler whose 3rd in a good race at Cheltenham in December of only 1lb lower on good ground, has to put him in with a half decent chance here. He is well overpirced on betfair at 55 win 10 place on that form. He also ran well enough at the festival to be 7th in the Pertempts.

4:15 Aintree

Yurok: Looking trough this race for something that didnt run at the festival, and this one just loosing out to Battlegroup in his last run looks to be a bit of value at a big price. Battlegroup was a good staying on 4th in the Coral Cup. Im hoping the better ground and step up in trip will suit him and he looks a bit overpriced at 38 win 8 place

2:00 Aintree

Brampour: Probably has been a bit dissapointing given his good flat form and home reputation, but he ran well in the triumph until fading after the last, and the 2m here is far easier and that may suit him better. There doesnt seem to be any real superstars in this race and with his 4yo allowence he looks to have a decent chance.

1 Point win 9/1 Bet365 & Coral

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you subscribing to the theory that if you sling enough ****e at a wall some of it will stick? Thats 7 picks and still 40 mins to the first!

mike65 wrote: »
    Are you subscribing to the theory that if you sling enough ****e at a wall some of it will stick? Thats 7 picks and still 40 mins to the first!

Not really, but i usually only pick in decent races, and there are a lot of them.

4:50 Aintree

Shocking to have 3 in the one race but just noticed that Superior Wisdom, was 3rd in this 2 years ago of near this mark, has been lightly raced since, and may be ready for this at a good price.

1 Point win 50 Betfair 1Point Place 9.0

Rubbish Day yesterday. And when i got up this morning power gone at home, only just back in time.

Aintree 3:25

Reve De Sivola: Last year he improved at the end of the year when 2nd at the festival and then won a very good race at punchestown on good ground. He is better in at the weights here with Bensalem, and should find it easier to stay this 3miles rather than the much more difficult Cheltenham race. He looks a bit overpriced at 9/1

2 Points Win 9/1

National

Niche Market: His 5th in the Hennessey this year, is some of the best form in the race. He has always had this race in mind for the last 2 years and looks a bit overpriced on form compared to some of the market leaders. He had a run last month to freshen him up and that should have put him right for this race. He is proven in big field when winning the Irish National 2 years ago. Currently 30 win 7 place.

The Togher One, as with Niche Market he had an excellent run in the Hennessy this year when 4th, and there is always the possibility he may well be suited by the step up in trip and the Aintree Fences. He looks well overpriced for a decent horse with form this year at 95 win on betfair 17.5 to place.

To add to the above it might be worth taking advantage of Belfair’s excellent prices available on longshots in this race.

Royal Rosa, has a good record over the fences in the Beacher Chase, having been place the last two years, and is worth a min bet at huge odds. He likes the long run in and if he can stay up is as likely as anything to be running on at the end. Currently 200 on betfair.
    Vic Venturi, was well fancied for this race last year, but hasn’t looks as good in his prep races this year. Still he is a class animal that has good course form and might be capable of lumping his excessive weight around here with a small chance at a now huge price. Currently 90 on betfair

.5 Point win Each of the above

5:00 Aintree

Nearby: This horse was an unlucky 3rd in the County at the festival, and this race is nowhere near as strong. He has an extra 4lbs but is carrying 11:05 with his regular claimer on. He loves good ground and has already won 3 2 mile handicaps this year on good. He looks a bit overpriced at 12.5 on Betfair.

2 Points Win 12.5 Betfair

3:20 Chelt

Secret Dancer : Has looked like one that will appreciate the step up in trip in handicaps, has been running well of higher marks this season. He won his maiden in 09 over 2m 5f on good ground and beat a very good horse High Gales really well that time. He is down in mark and class this time and also up in trip and together that sets alarm bell ringing.

3 Points win 8/1 Ladbrokes

5:40 Chelt

Gloucester: His not far of 10th in the County hurdle with this claimer on board is far better form than most of the field, he also ran well in the Scottich Champion hurdle last year around this time, and he wont get a better chance. This race is down in class from his usual and he looks value this time. He has the good ground he needs and the additional of the 5lbs claimer should give him a great chance.

2 Points win 10.5 Betfair

totescoop6 Spring Cup Handicap Newbury 5:45

Al Muheer: This one has done me a few favours in the past and although he ran poorly first time out this season, I think he is going to be profitable to follow in the 7f 1m Handicaps this year. He is at his lowest mark ever and has had a change of trainer since the middle of last season. There can’t be much of a doubt that Dandy Nicholls will have him right for one of these races, and I won’t risk not being on at the right time. He has Blinkers back on here and looks overpriced at 41 win 8.6 place. He has numerous times in the past had good runs after poor ones and there is a better that 40/1 chance that will happen here.

2 Point Win 2 Points Place

Scottish Grand National

Neptune Collonges: My original Selection has just been announced a Non-runner as I write this, but I get the feeling that this one is well overpriced for this race. The slower pace should help him and he may just be too good for most of the field despite the burden of top weight. He has all but seven of the field out of the handicap and surly it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if he can step up in trip here. He has won in the past after good runs in the Gold Cup and has been lightly raced this year. He is currently 25/1 for 5 places

2 Points Each Way 25/1 paying 12345

• Advertisement

Ripon 3:00

Hala San: He been a consistant animal on the flat at around his mark here and was 3rd in this race last year, after having an equally poor NH season as this year. He has the benefit of a top 5lbs claimer on today and that really should give him a far better than 16/1 chance of winning.

2 Points Each Way Stan James 16/1

Advertisement