Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting old patio slabs

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi guys we have a large area of our back covered in old patio slabs,we'd like to paint them any tips would be greatly appreciated.don't know where to start to be honest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

puddie77 wrote: »
    Hi guys we have a large area of our back covered in old patio slabs,we'd like to paint them any tips would be greatly appreciated.don't know where to start to be honest

Firstly,make sure you absolutely want to do this. Once painted to keep them looking good you will have to do them virtually every year because of weathering and wear and tear from walking on them. Sun wind and rain can give them quite a bashing over twelve months.

Once your sure, I don't know if there is any paint specifically designed for the job but I would just go for ordinary 'floor paint'. I did it once to a small concrete balcony on a flat I lived in once. The paint is a little pricey all right. Terracotta might be nice.

If you do do it, perhaps you might post results as I would be interested to see it.
    Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puddie77

hi watchman thanks for the reply, i only done them this evening started with a small path before doing the big area, i used a product called Thompsons drive seal, it only comes in 1 colour and that was black but thats what the wife wanted anyway,€20 for a 5 litre drum, here are some before and after pics

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

That looks very nice. Read some reviews on the Thompsons seal which were all good. So looks like job done. I like the sharp look of it now.

Don't get lazy now Puddie, weather is great now for a day or two we all expect to see some more great works of art!;).
    Have a nice few days.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puddie77

That looks very nice. Read some reviews on the Thompsons seal which were all good. So looks like job done. I like the sharp look of it now.

Don't get lazy now Puddie, weather is great now for a day or two we all expect to see some more great works of art!;).
    Have a nice few days.:pac:[/QU
    thanks watchman,ya for €20 you couldnt go wrong...no fear of that with my wife, tis work or no dinner

Advertisement