Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 04/04 *Spoilers* (WM Results Included)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good Raw.

I'm happy that they are setting up The Rock vs Cena for 12 months down the line. It's a risky move and I expected it was going to happen at Summerslam but I'm cool with it. I'd actually love to go to the show and see it live. It reminded me of WCW setting up Sting vs Hogan down the line and Bischoff to his credit was able to wait the duration so it will be interesting to see if the WWE will do likewise. Hopefully the match will go better than Hogan/Sting did. I liked Rock's promo and I do believe Rock genuinely respects Cena so I was also cool with that line. The fact the Corre were used for a bunch of spots was a bit goofy but overall it was good stuff. I don't think they need to do anything drastic with Cena now. He can do what he always has done the last few years. No point in trying to convert the critics as they are set in their ways and Cena will be the villain in Miami no matter what.

The Triple H promo was good and I liked the Austin/Miz face-off too. Sheamus vs Bryan was way too short but the debut of Sin Cara was enjoyable. I was irritated by J.R. getting the sauce thrown on him. I hope he was aware that was going to happen because it wouldn't surprise me if McMahon had that happen as a way to have a laugh at his expense. I don't know why they always try to take away his dignity when he is on TV. It's just sad and petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭missgroovy21

Kong should be debuting soon!!!! that should be interesting would love to see her against trish beth or natalya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

why nobdy cares bout girl wrestling its for havin a **** or gettin sum food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Fast forward to 2:45. Does the ring announcer call John Cena "Sin Cena"?? Haha :pac

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I'm not sure setting up Cena for a match 12 months early is their best idea. Everything he does between now and then is just going to feel like filler. Any title run, feud etc is going to be have to run to a deadline. The Miz was an afterthought in the same situation before WM, and it feels like whoever replaces the Miz in the triangle is going to get the same treatment until next year.

For me it also raised the question of who is going to face Taker at WM 28. I think alot of people were of the impression that Cena was the only legit star left who they could market as being a believable contender to break the streak. Seeing as that is off the cards, what are the chances that Taker vs HHH will have a rematch at the next WM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm not sure setting up Cena for a match 12 months early is their best idea. Everything he does between now and then is just going to feel like filler. Any title run, feud etc is going to be have to run to a deadline. The Miz was an afterthought in the same situation before WM, and it feels like whoever replaces the Miz in the triangle is going to get the same treatment until next year.

For me it also raised the question of who is going to face Taker at WM 28. I think alot of people were of the impression that Cena was the only legit star left who they could market as being a believable contender to break the streak. Seeing as that is off the cards, what are the chances that Taker vs HHH will have a rematch at the next WM?
    Possible new monster coming into the E and to get a massive push from almost/breaking the streak??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Possible new monster coming into the E and to get a massive push from almost/breaking the streak??

I love to see Jericho V Taker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

well they did just sign a 7ft 340lb northern irish monster and a 6'10 310lb new zealand strongman who looks like an extremely tall version of sheamus, so maybe one of those :p

in all seriousness vince will go back to his original plan for taker at mania27 i suspect

Brock-Lesnar22.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Rock v Cena at Mania 28. Let the count down begin.

It makes sense Rock would respect Cena for his achievements. Rock said he doesn't like Cena which is something completely different.

Another Thing that is completely different is announcing the main event a year in advance. It will certainly make 28 stand out in the mind.

Overall I enjoyed RAW, but I would like to see an end to the anonymous GM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

That Cena promo. My God. How do they expect anyone to ever care about anything on the show if he treats getting screwed at the main event of Wrestlemania as just another day at the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

partyndbs wrote: »
    why nobdy cares bout girl wrestling its for havin a **** or gettin sum food

Hope you wash your hands first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I would assume that the majority of people at raw would be fans who had bought package tickets to mania and raw was their last moment of the 'wrestlemania weekend', what better way to seal the deal that they will shell out and buy themselves in for next year than to announce the big money match?

It's like when wwe do a show in Dublin, once it's done the next one is announced very soon after(sometimes even the next day) it's to maximise effect that the next event will sell.

Why did Vickie throw herself down backwards when Trish was down in the ring in front of her :confused: what the hell type of move was she going for?

I thought Cena looked like he wanted to laugh during his stare down and hand shake with the Rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bischoffrulz

He said on Twitter it was a one-time deal. I guess he might be used again though given the angle with Cole.

hope so! even it wer cole lawler and jr. I like cole but think im in the majority that prefer JR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't know if this has been said already but there's no way I'm going over 20+ pages to find out.

I don't see any way that Rock can put Cena over in front of a hometown crowd in Miami without some massive changes to Cena's character. As the current much maligned 1D good guy there's no way in hell it will do anything but make even more people hate him for the wrong reasons.

Realistically he has to turn well before it, as if he turns at WM I don't think it will work as it's very likely to be Rocky's last match and without any hope of retribution there's no point in doing it that way.

Whereas if his turn has already happened, say by Survivor Series, and he goes over clean, it could be a great way to cement his heel status.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why did Vickie throw herself down backwards when Trish was down in the ring in front of her :confused: what the hell type of move was she going for?

I thought Cena looked like he wanted to laugh during his stare down and hand shake with the Rock

She was trying to do Snooki's handspring move from Mania.

I know many want to see Cena go heel but realistically who can take over from him as the top face of the Company all I can think of is Rey maybe. This match would work better at Summerslam where Rock would hopefully put Cena over I think both as faces would work then Cena could challenge Taker at Mania 28 (if Taker can wrestle again)

Dunno how I forgot this earlier...The Miz. He will turn face one day and it will be awesome.

Dunno how I forgot this earlier...The Miz. He will turn face one day and it will be awesome.

Really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

indeed.

i just pray WWE let it fester for a while though, and don't just blow their load on a face turn just because they hear him getting over.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Little bit surprised so many seemed to rate this Raw so poorly, I mean yeah mania was poor considering what I could have been but I actually enjoyed this as it had a lot going for it.

Hottest crowd for a while (essentially the mania crowd in a smaller building)
    Bryan vs Sheamus actually taking place
    Sin cara's debut (thought the folk here would like him v sheamus
    TE & SCSA/The Miz segment
    Decent HHH promo & interaction with Austin backstage
    Plus finally the Rock has confirm he will wrestle again & at mania too (yeah a year long wait isn't what I want ATM but it's a gutsy move that's dif to the norm so at this moment I welcome it

• Advertisement

Miz works great as a heel. He should be let 'heel' it up a bit more now that he has a win over cena on the biggest stage of them all.

He would be super over as a face too, we all know how funny he can be:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought it wasn't a bad Raw. Just that it wasn't great.

I have zero faith in WWE to book a feud a year in advance. I barely have faith in them to book a feud one month in advance. In theory, it's great and I know I should love the idea of a year long build but I can't trust WWE won't ruin it or let it run dry pretty quickly. I also have a feeling Rock won't be back now till the Rumble. It also seems stupid to feed The Corre to the two (especially with reports they wanted to push the group strongly) and I agree Cena's seemed way to easy about being screwed out of the title. :/

Sheamus vs Bryan could have had more going for it to be honest, and I just felt the match fell flat :/ Also, while I like Sheamus, I don't know if he's the right person to have Sin Cara feud against (if he even is; SD reports make me doubtful).

I did like the tag match, even if I did feel Rhodes should not have been booked to lose clean after a major win over Rey at Mania; Cody could use that win to become a serious uppercard talent and I don't want to see WWE tire of him so quickly.

I'm intrigued by the teasing of Miz vs Austin though, but I can see that being forgotten next week as they start building towards "WWE Rematch", or Backlash or whatever it is they call it nowadays. If Rock is gone for a while, Cena and Miz will likely slot back into the ME feud since there's no one else to really do so right now :/

Actually I think that's something that annoyed me about the show. Were any feuds resolved at Mania? Cena will likely go back to fight Miz, Orton/Punk and Rey/Rhodes are continuing. Mania doesn't end things any more. It's just another show now and this Raw was just another Raw :/

SlickRic wrote: »
    indeed.

i just pray WWE let it fester for a while though, and don't just blow their load on a face turn just because they hear him getting over.

Oh yeah a quick fire face turn would be terrible. In a perfect world, I wouldn't want him to turn in 2011. But he could fill the void in any future Cena turn.

I think they should leave the title on him for a while longer as well. Let it last until Summerslam. Then losing the title could be the start of any future face turn.

As for other faces, HHH shold be mentioned too.

I thought it wasn't a bad Raw. Just that it wasn't great.

I have zero faith in WWE to book a feud a year in advance. I barely have faith in them to book a feud one month in advance. In theory, it's great and I know I should love the idea of a year long build but I can't trust WWE won't ruin it or let it run dry pretty quickly. I also have a feeling Rock won't be back now till the Rumble. It also seems stupid to feed The Corre to the two (especially with reports they wanted to push the group strongly) and I agree Cena's seemed way to easy about being screwed out of the title. :/

Sheamus vs Bryan could have had more going for it to be honest, and I just felt the match fell flat :/ Also, while I like Sheamus, I don't know if he's the right person to have Sin Cara feud against (if he even is; SD reports make me doubtful).

I did like the tag match, even if I did feel Rhodes should not have been booked to lose clean after a major win over Rey at Mania; Cody could use that win to become a serious uppercard talent and I don't want to see WWE tire of him so quickly.

I'm intrigued by the teasing of Miz vs Austin though, but I can see that being forgotten next week as they start building towards "WWE Rematch", or Backlash or whatever it is they call it nowadays. If Rock is gone for a while, Cena and Miz will likely slot back into the ME feud since there's no one else to really do so right now :/

Actually I think that's something that annoyed me about the show. Were any feuds resolved at Mania? Cena will likely go back to fight Miz, Orton/Punk and Rey/Rhodes are continuing. Mania doesn't end things any more. It's just another show now and this Raw was just another Raw :/

I kinda thought Miz/Cena feud was over as they had no interaction on Raw and Cena didnt even seem bothered about not winning the title at Mania. I was thinking maybe HHH will be next for Miz and the title. I would like to see Punk get a another title run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I kinda thought Miz/Cena feud was over as they had no interaction on Raw and Cena didnt even seem bothered about not winning the title at Mania. I was thinking maybe HHH will be next for Miz and the title. I would like to see Punk get a another title run.

Going by the "interaction" thing, it looked like they were teasing a Miz/Austin match for the title, which would make sense with Tough Enough. As I said though, it leaves Cena with nothing to do. They could throw Cena/HHH out there I suppose, but I don't see much of a story to be had there, especially without the title involved. Punk and Orton, I'd imagine, are going to continue their little story and I could see HHH disappearing off for a while again. I just don't see what they'd do with Cena if Miz and HHH had a feud...unless its a triple threat match. :/

As for the "not bothered" thing, don't worry; Cena can cut a random screamy promo next week to challange Miz...

Going by the "interaction" thing, it looked like they were teasing a Miz/Austin match for the title, which would make sense with Tough Enough. As I said though, it leaves Cena with nothing to do. They could throw Cena/HHH out there I suppose, but I don't see much of a story to be had there, especially without the title involved. Punk and Orton, I'd imagine, are going to continue their little story and I could see HHH disappearing off for a while again. I just don't see what they'd do with Cena if Miz and HHH had a feud...unless its a triple threat match. :/

As for the "not bothered" thing, don't worry; Cena can cut a random screamy promo next week to challange Miz...

I guess alot will depend on the draft if any big names are leaving or coming to Raw

If Jericho returns soon I like to see him feud with Miz

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Andre80Johnson

I think the WM28 announcement is a good thing for WWE in terms of media coverage. Isn't this what Vince always wanted? I think a couple of things that will happen throughout the year is that say, John Cena is up for a title match then there will be some sort of unscheduled appearance interference from The Rock. A couple of this throughout the year when least expected. And for Cena to get some retribution he'll go on to a movie set where The Rock is filming and destroy the set, injure The Rock and bring a halt to the production of the film costing money and getting The Rock fired etc... (A fake film production could be used) This would garner a fair bit of mainstream attention and lead it towards WM28.

Or another way they could go is similar to Sabu/Tazz fued in the early/mid 90s where they didn't touch each other for a year but caused problems etc.

I do think this will be a great match because they have a year to map out the match and hopefully it will be.

And for Cena to get some retribution he'll go on to a movie set where The Rock is filming and destroy the set, injure The Rock and bring a halt to the production of the film costing money and getting The Rock fired etc... (A fake film production could be used) This would garner a fair bit of mainstream attention and lead it towards WM28.

I dont think that would work.

Imagine if a production company heard "Oh the rock had his movie shut down owing to another wrestler beating him up on set".
    Now, what if the company believed such and didnt ask the rock to be in their movie owing to that reason (unlikely, i know, but some media would take it up as such.)

CMpunked wrote: »
    I dont think that would work.

Imagine if a production company heard "Oh the rock had his movie shut down owing to another wrestler beating him up on set".
    Now, what if the company believed such and didnt ask the rock to be in their movie owing to that reason (unlikely, i know, but some media would take it up as such.)

Not a chance in hell any production company would think it was real!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I read somewhere a few months ago that Undertaker had picked Wade Barrett to face him at WM this year but for whatever reason, that didn't happen.

I'm curious as to how they are going to manage the build of the Rock v Cena for WM28. Announcing it a year in advance, I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. When I knew the Rock was coming back, I immediately thought him facing Cena would be and should be a Wrestlemania match. To me, it seems like it's really the best stage and the biggest way to have them face off.

While they could have went with one of the other PPV's I don't think it would nearly have been as big. As for Summerslam, to be honest, imho Summerslam has just become another run of the mill PPV. I think Wrestlemania is the only PPV they have now that has retained it's "status" bar possibly the Royal Rumble. And even then, if it's a big match, you want it at Wrestlemania.

I guess what messed it up was the Rock being back now. I guess had he came back maybe towards the end of the summer or into the autumn, it might have made more sense from a build towards Wrestlemania.

Anyway, let's give them a chance and see what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Put me down for the Miz injuring the Rock soon enough. Miz/Cena again at Extreme Rules. See you in January Duane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

as much as i love rock i was kinda disappointed with him and cena this week

the corre were wasted i'd prefer if they took out hhh after his promo plus why were they on raw :rolleyes:

Advertisement