Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Cooker - Which one to buy?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi

I have decided to buy one of these, I work full time and my husband gets in from work with the kids about an hour before me, but would be great to have the dinner ready to go and not be wrestling with pots and pans all evening and spend the night cleaning them.

Would you recommend a slow cooker and if so which one? And also is there a good slow cooker cookbook out there?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I only have experience of one slow cooker, that is the tesco one which (I think) is still on offer at €20. It does the trick perfectly for me. That one is 3.5L.

If you're looking for something bigger, this is 6.5L and not much more expensive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The Argos one that elviscostello linked is a perfect size for a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Thanks so much..

I am hoping that this is going to keep me sane... Back to work in Jan after babe no. 2 and I am seriously failing on the dinner front... So really hope this is a keeper.

Can you literally leave it on all day, is it safe to do so.. I would be gone from 8.30am and back home 5pm... Is is ok to leave on low for that length of time?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yeah, that is what it is meant for. You could also get one of those timer plugs to turn it on and off as you please.

I had only used it at weekends for a nice big Sunday dinner or something. But, this week planning on using it midweek for the first time. Will be great to come home and just take dinner straight from it!

There's some info and recipes in this thread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I just purchased the 6.5L one recommened and will have it this evening.

And have printed off some of the recipes from that thread for my shopping list this evening...

Thanks so much again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement