Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Bracket Pixmania

Options
  • 04-04-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Just a bit of advice on this...

I bought a TV from pixmania along with a bracket. The bracket was through one of their certified sellers.

The bracket stated it was suitable for TV up to 55inch and the weight it states is greater than that of the TV. I installed it during the weekend and while its stable enough i.e. no chance of it coming off the wall the actual extendable arm is arching down slightly so when I goto push the TV back it doesn't line up and so cannot be pushed flush against the wall.

This is the type of bracket I got

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/7011166/art/designer-habitat/black-universal-cantileve.html

I notice that they no longer specify it is OK for 55 inch, however on my invoice it states that it can...

I have written to pixmania to complain but I am wondering what is the normal proceedure for an issue like this. The bracket is clearly not suitable for the job and I have drilled 6 holes in my wall for a bracket that will most likely have to be removed...
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement