Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Madrid Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

WHL wrote: »
    Lennon not on bench apparently

injured in warm up

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Was feeling ill in tunnel. Ref said he could be a sub but overruled by UEFA. Screwed here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

No excuses. We were found out. Boys against men. Inexperienced play from most of our team . It was embarrassing . Cudnt pass the ball 5 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭delito

Two english clubs spanked by the spanish clubs, spanked hard...kind of embarrasing for the premier league how they both curled into a ball and put 10 players behind the ball from the start.

Sandro and Dawson were the only ones who looked like they didn't crap their pants. Fair play to sandro considering he is the new guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

According to the prostitute from crouchs last visit to madrid thats the 2nd time he only lasted 15mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Good ol crouchy eh? donkey, fcuk him back to liverpool thats his level

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Not really much i can say about that result. Was pretty much over after 15 minutes. We did well to keep them to 1-0 in the first half, but it took too much out of us and they had the run of the game for the 2nd half. Gomes was badly at fault for 2 goals, but he also kept some good ones out. Dawson was probably the only player that stood out for me though.

Time to focus on getting 4th now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Apparently Lennon missed the game because of a sore throat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Gutted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

:( I'll back on later in the week when I'm bit better.

Sorry to say it but Crouch's sending off cost us dearly...we wouldn't have beat them to night but we would at least have brought the game back to The Lane.
    4 nil down - Mission Impossible
    ...... But the journey was good while it lasted.

Now the lads have to step it up, we want 4th place, we want a return trip to CL, we want to prove we are not a 1 season wonder.

MAN UP SPURS, 8 games left to define our season !!!!

COYS

philon wrote: »
    Sorry to say it but Crouch's sending off cost us dearly...

Bigtime, and hopefully a few fellas are telling him that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Has really taken any glamour off the 2nd leg :-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

BERBA wrote: »
    Good ol crouchy eh? donkey, fcuk him back to liverpool thats his level

:rolleyes:
    No thanks, Liverpool have a Crouch, but better in Andy Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

It's obviously disappointing the manner in which we are going out, but lets hope that we have learned the lessons from this season, bcos it has been a huge learning curve for everyone at the club.

Let's hope that the players show some grit and determination to take the battle for fourth right down to the wire; let's hope their taste of Champions League football will spur them on (pardon the pun), if not this season then next.

Can anyone remember how many points we had when Harry took over, and from how many games?

Bring on Stoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

people are right in that Dawson and Sandro played well, but don't they always. what about some of the others. How does Jenas get in. Did nothing and I was at Wigan last Saturday when he did even less. What has VDV done since Christmas. Who is going to score goals for us - none of our forwards can any more. 4 fit defenders left with no right-back and if it's true that Lennon might have bottled it in the tunnel we are in big big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Lads, we're all pissed off and rightly so but I think talk of Lennon bottling it on the tunnel is laughable. The guy is a professional player and people think he cried off because he didn't fancy it? No way whatsoever!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Lads, we're all pissed off and rightly so but I think talk of Lennon bottling it on the tunnel is laughable. The guy is a professional player and people think he cried off because he didn't fancy it? No way whatsoever!

Agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

Lennon was on the team sheet just before the off and by uafa rules was a player. thats why there was no sub for Bale, Harry had 2 use 1 before the game started.. nobody gets sick that quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Lennon was on the team sheet just before the off and by uafa rules was a player. thats why there was no sub for Bale, Harry had 2 use 1 before the game started.. nobody gets sick that quick

Correct, His brother now being quoted as saying he was sick all day.

Correct, His brother now being quoted as saying he was sick all day.

Also mentioned during the 1st half that he had been ill all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Crouch cost us the game (two shocking poor sliding tackles in the opponents half when there wasn't a sniff of goal, why would a striker do this, particularly when on a yellow with an obviously trigger happy ref).

RVDV looked well pissed off on TV3 interview responding to Trevor Welch's question of 'Any chance next Wednesday Rafa?' RVDV: 'No chance, I know Madrid, no chance' Never heard such a comment from a player and Keown got a great chuckle out of it....

Bale should have been on the bench, Niko scores goals Harry, why is he in the squad and never on the pitch? Need an away goal anyone? One away goal and this tie would still be in the balance, now we have a mammoth task with an ever increasing injury list!

Apologies for the HR bashing but, Redknapp, good coach, average manager.

COYS! 4-0 and extra time @ WHL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Now that I have had time to reflect i will comment. Bad luck and rash decisions have cost us a chance in the 2nd leg. Bad luck being Lennon having to pull out just before K.O meaning Jenas had to play, still trying to figure out what jenas adds to the team. I guess the simple answer is nothing. Then Crouch makes two needless tackles, what the hell was he thinking??? who the f*ck knows. Also Luka had a nightmare which is so unlike him this season, all this added to the early goal made it an impossible task. All i will say now is lets win the 2nd leg and leave the Champions league with pride and an incredible atmosphere at WHL. It has been some journey and one which none of us expected, so lets go out in the Spurs way at home next week and beat the 9 times champions. As has been mentioned before we all remember the bad times of the last 10 years, so I am going to look back on the last 2 seasons with pride and dream of more nights at the San Siro or Bernebeau. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

What VDV said in the interview is correct, weve no chance. Spurs havent scored in near 6 hours of football now ffs.

i say it again that vdv is now a liability. his comment after the game was shocking, it dosent matter if its true, he has to to tow the line and say we will give it our best shot etc.

vdv obviously thinks he is the best player at spurs . when the ball isnt coming up to him up front, he goes all the way back to the back and tries to run the ball out of defense and then gives it away. he then throws up the shoulders and has a whine at everyone else. gets a yellow card then for giving out to the ref again. he is a law to himself and needs a kick to get in line.

I really think that he has to be dropped and we go back to 4-4-2 for the rest of the season and give pav and defoe proper games.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Not a good night at the office but i think once this tie is over i think we should look back at the run we have had in europes premier competion. when we were 3 nil down in switzerland, who could of dreamed of Games under the lights at the San siro and Bernabeu. Beating the Euro champs at home convincingly and scoring a vast amount of goals. This was our first season at this level, if we are honest we know we have a long way to go and in our heads we knew last night would be a bridge to far, especially in our current form.

Dont lose faith. Im addicted now and want more next season.

Coys

The Lennon bottled it talk is garbage.
    VDV saying what he did was a fcuking joke. He is proving to be more a negative influence than a positive one at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I hope hes sold for profit in the summer. Id also play krankjar in his role for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

In Fairness, bad result last night. I would have taken a 1:0 or even 2:0 result. But, I am not as dissappointed as I thought I would have been.

Yeah, 4:0 is a bad scoreline - but lets be honest:

- we haven't scored a goal in how long?
    - Gallas looked like he was plaing on a leg and a half
    - Too many 1st choice players are out/injured/not fully fit.
    - Pav is not at CL level, he really pisses me off, he crys when he is not playing and when he gets a chance he doesn't take it. (I know he didn't play last night)
    - Defoe is not at CL level.
    - Crouch is getting the benifit of the doubt cos of his goal in Milan.
    - Jenas is not at League 1 level :rolleyes:
    - Lennon bottling it is a load of toss, He was more than able for it at AC Milan.

Overall, if you had said that we would get knocked out at the 1/4 finals after getting out of a really tough group and beating AC Milan in the second round - I would have taken it.

Next week at the Lane is a 'Thank you' for this season's CL adventure. Next Saturdays game is a 'Must Win' to get more of the same for next year!;)

Advertisement