Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I bought today!

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all, I dont know about the rest of you but I seem to be picking things up on a daily basis for baking.

I took a trip to Ikea with my sis yest. and picked up the following-
    Double boiler-very handy as will fit most pots
    flour sifter-easy one-handed counter dusting
    grater/zester with container
    3 small sharp knives
    3 diff. size scissors
    large cake knife & slicer
    2 flexible smooth chopping boards-ideal for using with fondant
    2 very large coloured cardboard boxes incl. lids-these came in the 1 packet & i am hoping i can use them for cupcake transportation.

And all this for under €30 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I bought zester in Ikea recently, grand quality for the price. I find TK Maxx worth a peek every so often too. Got some lovely Stellar pots in January and Stellar cake tins in March. It is simply luck on the day as to what you will find. Mind you if you are on a budget it can get a bit addictive...:) My storage space is nearly at capacity so I have calmed down of late.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've been meaning to head over to Ikea and get a lazy Susan, love their stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

phasers wrote: »
    I've been meaning to head over to Ikea and get a lazy Susan, love their stuff!
    +1 on that, i use mine as my turntable. Read a handy tip on cake central. If you put your lazy susan on an A-4 folder it is tilted so can be easier to ice. just make sure there is something non slip between them altho the Ikea L.S. already has a non slip base.

My 8 tier acrylic cup cake stand has been dispatched woohoo!! Can't wait for this to arrive. Dont need it for months but i dont think il be able to stop myself from assembling it to see what its like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Ooh where did you get it and how many does it hold?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Edna wedding acrylics do great ones of them, they hold about 140 with all 8 tiers, I have a 7 tier mirrored round, a 6 tiered clear acrylic round and a 6 tier glass effect square, can be used in any combinations, love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Got a Heatons are doing plastic cup cake holder holds up to 27 you can adjust it. 8 Euro handy for kids parties etc.

Eviledna wrote: »
    Ooh where did you get it and how many does it hold?

Hi edna, i ordered it thru Wedding Acrylics Ebay shop, the 8 tier holds 140 cc's. I also ordered the mirrored Initials aswell and they combined the shipping for me :) Its for my brothers wedding so i figured buying it was an investment rather then renting as i can use it again with as many or as few tiers in the future.:D

i also bought the cardboard cupcake stand in Penneys for €6, its really pretty & girly with pinks & greens, i couldnt resist! I wont be overloading it tho, it'll be mainly just for family gatherings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks rita and acoshla! Wow they look so tempting, I actually made a cupcake stand three years ago out of plant pots and plant holders, spray paint and ribbon for my sisters engagement. It worked out well but I was peeling purple spray paint out of my hair for weeks!

A friend has asked me to do some cupcakes this year for a post-wedding party and I'm really considering investing in one of these, cos the alternative is alot of bother!!:)

Advertisement