Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on switching back to ESB

Options
  • 04-04-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Hi there

We are currently with Board Gais and would be interested in switching back to the ESB. We currently have the Electric Bill in my Wife's name being debited from her account while the Gas is Debited from mine.

My question is would we have to pay both from a single account to avail of discounts?

Thanks
    Gmol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Gmol,

If you were to switch to ESB Electric Ireland and have the Electricity and Gas in your wife's name, the full range of discounts should apply. You always have the option of having your name added to the bill afterwards; I think this option might suit you best.

For further information call our Sales team on 1850 30 50 90; they'll be happy to advise you.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Hi, I am also thinking of switching back but we don't have gas, only electric with bord gais.. Would I have committed to a contract, I can't remember.. I always pay DD. would I be able to avail of discounts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

And just to clarify, I emailed them yesterday to say I wasn't happy, before hearing this mornings excellent news.. They haven't replied:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi, I am also thinking of switching back but we don't have gas, only electric with bord gais.. Would I have committed to a contract, I can't remember.. I always pay DD. would I be able to avail of discounts!!!

Hi LinK,

If you switch your electricity back to ESB Electric Ireland and pay DD, you will certainly be entitled to the discounts on offer. :)

Either ring the sales team on 1850 30 50 90, or check out the range of offers here on our website.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 b12345

hi all new question relating to switching back,how often do esb issue bills as i have just recieved one from bordgais after 80 days:mad: for 333.20 euro:eek: i think it is unfair in these hard times for them to be sending bills for nearly 3 months use, my previous bill was for 66 days use. if they keep going at this rate i will only be issued with 5 bills for the year instead of the 6 they are supposed to send me,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi b12345 :)

ESB Electric Ireland bills issue every two months (on average, between 58-60 days of a window).

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Hi

What is your new lowest KWH rate for domestic Rural

thanks

Mike

Needabike wrote: »
    Hi

What is your new lowest KWH rate for domestic Rural

thanks

Mike
    Hi Mike :)

If you are on the Supersaver price plan, the unit price would be €0.1286, excluding vat. That's if you have a 24hr meter.

If you have Nightsaver meter, the day rate would be €0.1373 (excl. vat) and the night rate would be €0.0679 (excl. vat).

Note that further discounts are applicable to your total units used if you sign up for e-billing and are a Dual Fuel customer.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Thanks Una

so,

If I sign up for e billing , direct debit etc what is my KWH cost - including VAT.

Currently with Airtricity and paying 13.93 cent per KWH.

Can you beat this .

I assume Fixed costs are the same for all companies ( PSO , Standing charges etc )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Needabike wrote:
    I assume Fixed costs are the same for all companies ( PSO , Standing charges etc )

I know that ESB Electric Ireland haven't changed any of their standing charges. Airtricity's is higher, so I'd watch out for that.

Electricity providers have no control over the PSO levy (it's applied by the Regulator CER), so that will be the same across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

b12345 wrote: »
    hi all new question relating to switching back,how often do esb issue bills as i have just recieved one from bordgais after 80 days:mad: for 333.20 euro:eek: i think it is unfair in these hard times for them to be sending bills for nearly 3 months use, my previous bill was for 66 days use. if they keep going at this rate i will only be issued with 5 bills for the year instead of the 6 they are supposed to send me,

FYI - Bills are issued based on when your meter reading or estimate is received by your supplier from ESB Networks. If you were a customer of ESB Electric Ireland you would have received a bill for the same amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Mod edited and comment removed.
    Take a break while you consider your choice of words in future

Needabike wrote: »
    Thanks Una

so,

If I sign up for e billing , direct debit etc what is my KWH cost - including VAT.

Currently with Airtricity and paying 13.93 cent per KWH.

Can you beat this .
    Hi Needabike :)

If you were signed up to the Supersaver plan, the unit (24 hour) price would be €0.1286 excluding VAT (€0.1459 including VAT).

This does not include the additional discounts (4% for direct debit and 2% discount for online billing) - these discounts are applicable to the total units used per bill and are not calculated specifically in relation to the unit price.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement