Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Work Phone Suggestion

Options
  • 04-04-2011 12:23pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Me and a colleague are due upgrades through vodafone, and I was looking for your suggestions on a suitable phone.

We are on the road quite a bit (tech support type stuff). Important features are
    1. Email (pop - not exchange)
    2. Internet - We can maintain computers using things like logmein. Getting away from logmein now, using team viewer and vpn's.
    3. Wireless Lan
    4. Bluetooth
    5. Camera would actually be handy. On occasion have to document a fault etc with a picture

Battery isn't a massive issue. I know it's likely we'll be charging every night.

I'm currently using a Nokia E71, he a Nokia E63. Both candy bar style phones with full qwerty keyboard. Keyboard is handy, but wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Phone would need to be available from vodafone bill pay.

I think all the pre-pays are in our price range.

I was thinking an android phone as we might have an app in development to suit.

Is the HTC Desire a good business phone?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Our account manager suggested the following phone. Particulary the Galaxy 8Gb.

HTC DESIRE €69.99
    HTC DESIRE HD €119.99
    GOOGLE NEXUS €89.99
    SAMSUNG GALAXY 8GB €69.99
    SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE FREE
    NOKIA N8 €49.99
    NOKIA C7 FREE
    SONY ARC €69.99

I'll pop down to have a look at them today to see one in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Galaxy is quality...

However, for an extra few bucks, just grab a nexus S. its just a slightly updated version. And it will receive all the Android updates first for the foreseeable future!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaykay70

The Galaxy S and Nexus S are both great handsets. I have both and they each have their own individual strengths.

Personally, I like the TouchWiz overlay on the Galaxy S and the Swype keyboard; although I have now installed the Swype Beta on the Nexus S - brilliant!

Have a look for yourself but the appeal of quicker updates on the Nexus S is hard to resist

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaykay70

muboop1 wrote: »
    Galaxy is quality...

However, for an extra few bucks, just grab a nexus S. its just a slightly updated version. And it will receive all the Android updates first for the foreseeable future!

Only the OS, camera flash and NFC capability are new. The Galaxy S has an SD slot for expansion, can record video in HD and has Bluetooth 3.0, all of which beat the Nexus S. Other that that they are pretty much the same.

Advertisement