Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VODie - RTE, TV3, Tg4 and Magnet available on iOS with XBMC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭liamf

AerTV changed their geo-blocking since then: now it actually works ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

princemuzzy the post just before yours says it's on Fusion as well which may be easier for you.

sorry for been ignorant but what is fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kudos67

I have the new doctormo version installed but have had previous versions installed at various times on my AT2.

Can someone tell me how I install this fork, or what do I need to change to receive the live TV, I am not entirely sure and would appreciate some help.

I am new here and followed this thread over from the XBMC forum - be gentle with me :-)

If you want to install LiamF's version alongside doctormo's then you'll need to change the LiamF's plugin's directory name to plugin.video."x" and then edit the addon name and addon id in addon.xml to whatever you've chosen for "x".

• Advertisement

If you want to install LiamF's version alongside doctormo's then you'll need to change the LiamF's plugin's directory name to plugin.video."x" and then edit the addon name and addon id in addon.xml to whatever you've chosen for "x".

Cheers Andrea Enough Wallaby - I just haven't had the chance to get near my apple tv - hopefully get the chance later.

I might try the fusion method - it looks easier than editing files

Not entirely sure if it will work in the UK - bit live in hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

which version should in install for rte/tv3 vodie?
    is it fusion or any other one?

Probably not much help but I'd advise installing both as doctormo's is much better for RTE stuff. If you can't or don't want to then go with LiamF's version. I believe RTE is partially working with that.

... so ... should someone merge both, then ...

as far as I know, catchup works "properly" in the VODieR plugin (1.1.3m)

The code is ugly, but I think it shows the same episodes for instance.

If someone is aware of a case where it does not, that would be interesting.
    For someone who might want to fix that.

• Advertisement

Liam I had a quick look at 1.1.3m and it didn't seem to be showing as many episodes as doctormo's effort. I checked "Home and Away" and doctormo's lists five or six episodes whereas 1.1.3m only lists one. As for merging it well I would if I could mate. I'm the guy that was emailing you over the weekend so you know it's knowledge not effort or enthusiasm that I am lacking.

OK

I know that the doctormo code is fundamentally better (since he figured out that you can go to another system and ask for an RSS feed of episodes for RTE : how he figured that out, I have no idea)

It would possibly be easier to take the doctormo repository which was online and graft (parts of that) into that the TV3 and AerTV plugins, however that would be quite some work.

I was reluctant to do that anyway during the whole donation debate.

I am out of the country at the moment so I think RTE is probably geo-blocked here.

I might have a go at that. Still doesn't feel entirely kosher. But I guess doctormo's code is GPL so we can actually do it if we want ...

I notice from his site that he has added TV3 to his plugin Liam. I updated and although it lists the programmes the ones I tried (Coronation Street, Emmerdale) would not play.

He's not done with it yet. And now he might not finish it, I guess.
    TV3 has to be done using webpage scraping, like VODie.

Actually the TV3 website is a mess, since it lists lots of series on the website which have zero episodes.

By the way I'm fairly sure doctormo stated on the XBMC.org thread that RTE has no geoblocking (or if it did then it wasn't working).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98050&pid=1282290#pid1282290

i installed the 1.1.4 version through fusion but not getting anything live through Aer TV

so i can only confirm that it must be geo blocked

i have little or no knowledge here but i am enthusiastic - so if i can help please ask me

No it's definitely geo locked alright. I tried the AerTV website months ago while in the UK and it displayed a message saying it was only for the Irish. To be sure have you tried www.aertv.ie in your browser? What might solve things for you guys is this: A few months ago I was subscribing to a SmartDNS service called UnoTelly. I wanted to use AerTV on XBMC with them and they kindly added the option to the control panel to fool AerTV into think you were in Ireland. Now that was last year so I've no idea whether it's still there. There is a free trial for new customers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Ok I had a look at the two codes and they seem to be well structured, I could literally just substitute the RTE lib for the one in doctormo's plug in, I check the call in vodie.py to make sure it is called correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

Where is thhe VODie located within fusion? I can't seem to find it.

I wonder if doctormo is still working on his plugin (no offence Liam! Don't want to put it all on you)? Doctormo, my offer of $15 still stands mate! :)

• Advertisement

I wonder if doctormo is still working on his plugin (no offence Liam! Don't want to put it all on you)? Doctormo, my offer of $15 still stands mate! :)
    I expect he isn't, not after the fight I read on the xbmc forum.

I have had my computer stolen so until it is replaced I am not I a position to work on this.

But you lads knock yerselves out in the meantime ...

Sorry to hear that Liam! Hope you can recover it. Lot of bad luck dogging this plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Trojan00 wrote: »
    Where is thhe VODie located within fusion? I can't seem to find it.

Nor me

You need to install the repo first. Select "install from zip file" and select Fusion. Then go to video->repositories->realhulu-repository.googlecode.xtream-media.zip. Once you have the repo installed you get VODie from it by selecting "Get Addons" and browsing the Xtream addons repo until you find VODie.

Advertisement