Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turbo Whistler?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

What you heard was the sound of a dumpvalve. Of course unless your Colt has had an EVO engine conversion you cant get a dumpvalve for an N/A car.

That item you linked to is only a piece of crap if im being frank. If you really want a dump valve sound, get a turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭iphone4g

Jesus ,please don't buy this shyte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Jamesharte wrote: »
    Okay basically i saw a Starlet last night and loved the sound of its turbo and wanted one similar so i was looking at these the only problem as a Mitsubishi Colt Exhaust is bend i think would it not fit as it says straight exhaust but doesn't specify what part.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/TURBO-EXHAUST-SOUND-WHISTLER-MITSUBISHI-COLT-EVO-SHOGUN-/120336137979?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c0497befb#ht_4287wt_898

Loud dumpvalves are bearly even cool on turbo cars these days, if you fit something that tries to make a dumpvalve noise to an n/a car you will simply be laughed at by anyone with a clue I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Loud dumpvalves are bearly even cool on turbo cars these days, if you fit something that tries to make a dumpvalve noise to an n/a car you will simply be laughed at by anyone with a clue I'm afraid.

Only place they actually sound any good is drifting, nice little crowd pleaser

Only place they actually sound any good is drifting, nice little crowd pleaser

V8's and external wastegate noises are all you'll hear from the pro cars these days.

The vast majority of sr20 engined cars run without any dump valve at all:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 oel159

That vroom-tish gets old very fast and the novelty wears off. As for that whistler thing you might as well throw the money away.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

ahh the turbo whistle i have it in my van and its sweet often worth turning the radio off for.

noting beats the real thing...........just get somthing with a turbo fitted dont mind that added crap.
    the worst example of utter ****e was on pimp my ride where the had speakers under the car to try make it sound cool.wtf:rolleyes:

maxextz wrote: »
    ahh the turbo whistle i have it in my van and its sweet often worth turning the radio off for.

noting beats the real thing...........just get somthing with a turbo fitted dont mind that added crap.
    the worst example of utter ****e was on pimp my ride where the had speakers under the car to try make it sound cool.wtf:rolleyes:

I presume your not considering a diesel van the real thing though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bigdong

This is called blow off and you need Turbo, it releases air when you let gas pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

oel159 wrote: »
    That vroom-tish gets old very fast and the novelty wears off. As for that whistler thing you might as well throw the money away.

Dump valve sound newer gets old in my skyline...

As for those wistlers... If op will get one, then he will be a laughing stock in his hometown.

• Advertisement

Dump valve sound newer gets old in my skyline...

They drive me mad:o I ran my R32 without a dumpvalve, sounded much better IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqXpdw-c_w :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

They drive me mad:o I ran my R32 without a dumpvalve, sounded much better IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URqXpdw-c_w :P

I didn't see you mirror signal and maneuver there....
    :pac:

Advertisement