Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motherwort

• 04-04-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

So, I've been recommended a herb called motherwort to help with clearing out the urinary system. Problem is, I can't find it. I've tried looking in a number of health shops and chains (eg Holland & Barrett), with no joy. Most of the assistants have never even heard of it.

Does anyone know where this wonder-herb can be found? My bladder and I would be truly grateful if anyone could point us in the right direction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Moe1 wrote: »
    So, I've been recommended a herb called motherwort to help with clearing out the urinary system. Problem is, I can't find it. I've tried looking in a number of health shops and chains (eg Holland & Barrett), with no joy. Most of the assistants have never even heard of it.

Does anyone know where this wonder-herb can be found? My bladder and I would be truly grateful if anyone could point us in the right direction.

Don't know where to get it but maybe a chinese herbal remedy shop, only thing is they might call it something else and those places are notorius for ripping people off.

Is it to help with preventing urinary tract, bladder or cystitis infections? Cranberry has been shown to reduce their incidence in controlled trials. (it increases the acidity of urine making it more difficult for bacteria to grow)

Holland & Barrett sell cranberry capsules

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cardinal Sin

Hi,

The chinese herbal name is Ba Zhen Yi Mu Wan. Widely available in tablet form.

Advertisement