Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new prices, best plan?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm an esb customer, already pay by direct debit and am on the plan that equalizes the payments out over the whole year, what plan would suit me best? or is there an easy way to view the different price plans on offer to compare?
    thanks
    Ruth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Damer/Ruth :)

You can view and compare our prices online here.

And if you'd like to speak with someone regarding your queries, our sales team can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

sorry another question looking at price plans the extra discount for direct debit and on line billing are the prices showing that discount or is there an additional discount to be made? just looking at green energy one the prices seem to be exactly the same as the standard rate?
    Realize now that there are only two options available to me supersaver and green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

These are the electricity only plans for existing customers damer:

https://www.esbelectricireland.ie/switchchange/elecExisting.htm?execution=e3s1

cookie1977 wrote: »
    These are the electricity only plans for existing customers damer:

https://www.esbelectricireland.ie/switchchange/elecExisting.htm?execution=e3s1

thank you cookie :P ;)

Damer wrote: »
    sorry another question looking at price plans the extra discount for direct debit and on line billing are the prices showing that discount or is there an additional discount to be made? just looking at green energy one the prices seem to be exactly the same as the standard rate?
    Realize now that there are only two options available to me supersaver and green

cough cough extra question?! :)

• Advertisement

can someone please answer my question
    are your price plans showing the discounts for direct debit and on line billing? or not?
    ie green electricity 14.10 less 6% for DD and on line billing?
    supersaver 12.86 less 4% DD 6%on line billing?
    or are the prices shown inclusive of discounts?

why is there only 6% off green plan while there is 10% off supersaver plan

also I'm making an assumption that the discount is only off the units not the total bill am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

can someone please answer my question
    are your price plans showing the discounts for direct debit and on line billing? or not?

supersaver 12.86 less 4% DD 6%on line billing?
    or are the prices shown inclusive of discounts?

I also want to know the answer to this question.

I'm assuming the units price shown is NOT inclusive of the (e.g.) extra 6% for DD & online billing. So you then add on this additional discount after the new tariff unit price shown to calculate what you'll actually pay per unit, depending on the discount option that applies to you.

If this is NOT the case (i.e. if the prices shown ARE inclusive of the discount), then it's not the cheapest electricity tariff as it claims to be.

But as said, I'm assuming it's NOT inclusive. Makes more sense that way.

Hi again Damer/Ruth. And hi BoozyBabe. Thanks also for your input, cookie1977.

Apologies for the delay. I have consulted with our Sales team regarding your issue specifically, and they agree it would be best to call 1850 30 50 90 due to the in-depth/specific nature of your query.

Plus, as well as giving general advice, our Sales team can also tailor the best value account for the individual.

All the best :)
    Una

Hi again Damer/Ruth. And hi BoozyBabe.

Apologies for the delay. I have consulted with our Sales team regarding your issue specifically, and they agree it would be best to call 1850 30 50 90 due to the in-depth/specific nature of your query.

Plus, as well as giving general advice, our Sales team can also tailor the best value account for the individual.

All the best :)
    Una

Thanks for responding but really not much point in the esb being on a forum if you can't answer questions, the question asked wasn't really that in depth! :confused:

Phoned the 1850 number spoke to a CC person by the name of Wesley who couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful
    now signed up to the reward account with 14% discount

thanks guys
    :)

• Advertisement

Delighted to see that, Ruth - thanks for the feedback. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Same question here.

I have now received further clarification on this, and can confirm the prices on the website do not include the discount. The rate of discount will vary, depending on which package is right for you.

Regards :)
    Una

Switch from standard to super saver and the unit price is
    14.60 (Inc VAT) 8% Cheaper than standard plan
    pay by direct debit and unit price is
    14.016 (Inc VAT) 12% Cheaper than standard plan
    also register for online-only billing and unit price is
    13.724 (Inc VAT) 14% Cheaper than standard plan

This right?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭number_1

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Switch from standard to super saver and the unit price is
    14.60 (Inc VAT) 8% Cheaper than standard plan
    pay by direct debit and unit price is
    14.016 (Inc VAT) 12% Cheaper than standard plan
    also register for online-only billing and unit price is
    13.724 (Inc VAT) 14% Cheaper than standard plan

This right?

From what I gather there are five possible rates:
    1. 16 c/kWh (Standard rate)
    2. 14.6 c/kWh (Supersaver rate, discount of 8.75% on standard rate)
    3. 14.308 c/kWh (Supersaver rate with online billing (ie. 2% off the rate in number 2), total discount of 10.575% on standard rate)
    4. 14.016 c/kWh (Supersaver rate with direct debit (ie. 4% off the rate in number 2), total discount of 12.4% on standard rate)
    5. 13.724 c/kWh (Supersaver rate with direct debit and online billing (ie. 6% off the rate in number 2), total discount of 14.225% on standard rate)

With all customers reverting to the standard rate one year from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Do you actively have to opt in to a new plan? I have been an existing night saver customer for 3 month snow and pay by direct debit. Do I still need to ring and 'change' my plan to get 12% off my bill, or will the prices automatically be changed on my bills from now on as the 'old' / dearer plans surely don't exist anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

you'd still need to opt in

Do you actively have to opt in to a new plan? I have been an existing night saver customer for 3 month snow and pay by direct debit. Do I still need to ring and 'change' my plan to get 12% off my bill, or will the prices automatically be changed on my bills from now on as the 'old' / dearer plans surely don't exist anymore?

Yes, you do.
    Right now you're on the standard plan, you want to switch to the saver/super saver plan whatever they call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

This comparison of Electricity prices might be of some help - it was for me.
    It does show ESB as now being the lowest price of all providers if you go for DD and ebills. (It might not be long before the others cut again- that's what we need - a price war!)

See comparison here - http://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-prices

Advertisement