Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Recycling

• 04-04-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering could you tell me if anyone knows where the best recycling centre in Limerick city is for pc equipment???Have some old stuff I want to get rid of and hoping maybe I could pick some stuff up aswell??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Make an ad on adverts.ie and someone will probably take it off your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hegarty's Scrap metal on the Tipperary Road will take electronic equipement from you for recycling for free. Don't think however they will let you take anything from the other recycled equipement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Ya was kinda thinking that...

I heard of people doing it though myabe you need to know someone that would turn a blind eye...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

There are travellers at hegartys all the time trying to take stuff from you before you bin it.
    I dont think there is a law that says you cant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Go to the Park Road depot of Limerick City Council, surely get something there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Hegarty's will allow you to take old stuff away with u if u are dumping stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The recycling centre out near the cement factory takes old computers and electronics. Any time Ive gone down there its been free in.

Where abouts is that one near the cement factory???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Mucker2020 wrote: »
    Where abouts is that one near the cement factory???

Mungret recycling centre take a left at the roundabout at the factory and your there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mungret recycling centre take a left at the roundabout at the factory and your there :)

Only if you're coming from the Raheen side ;)

Head out Dock Rd, through the roundabouts that link to the bypass/tunnel, continue towards Mungret (N69) past the level crossing, out along the straight strch of road, there's a lane for turning left, that's the recycling centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TYJ

Im sure the place by Musgraves Cash and carry would take it. The last time i was there they had old pcs there in a pile

Bring them to hegartys on the tipp road it will cost you nothing....if you bring it to the park road depot the council will just take it to hegartys.

Is it true that Hegartys gave money for good metals before?

they do give money for certain metals not sure which but copper is worth a fortune so it you have any bring it up and you get cash on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

They are like Hawks in Mungret if you try and take anything, be wide and go on a busy day.

they only stop u takinf electrical goods on a safety issue you can take anythi8ng else no problem

Advertisement