Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer programming C++

• 04-04-2011 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Any one here that done SOFT6011 Data Programming Fundamentals with gamma ?

If you wouldn't mind could you pm me looking for.some info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What kind of info are you looking for. I done this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

What kind of teacher is she what should I expect to get as assignments

We won't discuss lecturers here.

But I will give you an idea of the material.

You will probably be working with C.
    You will be learning material such as:

C Structs, sorting algorithms (Bubble sort, quick sort etc - you will need to also know at least a bit of theory on this, which performs better etc), Linked lists, Queues, search algorithms [binary search]. You may also do a bit on C Unix Sockets, file streams, recursive functions (fibanachi series...)

A typical assignment might be, creating a video store system where you can add/delete/edit videos to the library. You might have to include a rating of the videos and display a list of the top 10.
    These would all be console based programs with a menu. The data will have to be persisted so you may have to read and write to files. All data would be stored in a linked list format.

So get used of malloc/free and pointers, double pointers, arrays vs pointers, realloc etc...

Some people find this class difficult.

Well the Quick Sort, B-Trees bubble sort, SelectSort are done in Semester 4.

Cork24 wrote: »
    Well the Quick Sort, B-Trees bubble sort, SelectSort are done in Semester 4.
    Yeah when I done it, we didn't have semesters

• Advertisement

Fair enough

Cork24 wrote: »
    Fair enough
    You're welcome for the help anyways.

LOL,
    give a kid a break.

Advertisement