Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Vodafone at Home to Vodafone Mobile- am I mad?

• 04-04-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭

Basically I have Vodafone at home broadband at the moment, paying a stupid amount of money just for the internet. Its an OK service, could be better. In a rural-ish area so no UPC cable unfortunately. Was looking at the Vodafone "Performance Plus" mobile internet- would I be mad to go for that? 25 euro a month (ex vat?). do they throttle p2p with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Just so you know, 15MB of a broadband stick will be unlikely in the country. In my opinion ( and I'm sure I'm not alone ) that anyone who has the option of landline broadband and mobile broadband should always go for landline broadband. It is far more consistent and the caps will probably be larger and also mobile broadband can have far higher pings . Mobile broadband CAN be a joke but it also can be good for college students and such. I know a friend of mine gets 6meg down and 1meg up but she lives in a city, but on the contrary it regulary gets to unusable speeds. But for P2P ;) the caps my not be enough and they charge by the MB for going over the cap which they never leave you off the hook for, in my experiences at least. But then again to each his own.

Advertisement