Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone being fixed for more then a month

• 04-04-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so i left my Desire HD into be fixed with carphone warehouse in the Square Tallaght on March the 3rd still nothing everytime i ring they dont have clue.

Rang Friday was told to ring today and its past 21 days so i could get a new phone store policy. Does anyone think i should ask them for my money back?? Would that even be possible??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'd go mental. I dropped my dhd into a shop here in Waterford and 5 days later I had a replacement phone. That was after the phone got sent to dublin to be fixed. Definitely kick up a storm about waiting a month. That's crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

My mate sent his away to HTC last July.. they lost it when shipping it back (after a month). He complained and the sent a new one which also went missing, then they managed to find his old one in the meantime and sent that to him. It took 6 months altogether....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I had a similar problem in Feb .... after a little over 3 weeks it was returned (repaired...but I subsequently discovered a new problem) .... shop said all HTC/iPhones are sent to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Have you been tracking it on the website? It should tell you where it is.
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/RepairTracker.aspx

I sent one in and they offered a replacement phone while mine was being fixed - took about 4 weeks as it had to go off to HTC in the UK.
    They were really helpful to be honest and I cant fault them. If you cant track your phone and the store are offering a new one then why not just go for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got off the phone to the manager in the square carphone warehouse while ago she said its still not appearing on there systems the issue and situation with the phone but they will give me a new one.

Heres the catch theres only 6 in stock for carphone warehouse in the whole counrty. Blackrock being only one in Dublin.

She said she will order one in for me if its from warehouse maybe Wednesday if not maybe Friday.

Money back is not an option either.

Its ****ing doing my head in now because i have not had the phone since the 3rd of March and to think there will be better phones on the market next month on wards. 480 euro to just sit here without it for more then a month and nothing i can do about it.

I loved this phone but its annoying me to think this kinda took the shine off it knowing i couldnt use it for so long and that theres better out there now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement