Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Fortus of GnR joins Lizzy

Options
  • 04-04-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

One of the lads in work just sent this to me
    Vivian Campbell

Well, that was it; my last U.S. show with Lizzy, and Chicago was a great one to end on! I have one, final gig with them at Slane Castle festival in Ireland on May 28th. The very next day we start Def Lep rehearsals. New guitarist, Richard Fortus came and played a couple of songs with us tonight.

Friday at 11:24pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

allanb49 wrote: »
    One of the lads in work just sent this to me

FFS.............Lizzy should stop it, now. Philo must be turning in his grave? What does this mean for Axl Rose and his bunch of hired hands now? Are we gonna have(yet)another hiatus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

GnR probably not doing much this summer so Fortus is free. Im sure he wouldn't have taken the gig if GnR were touring.
    He's a great guitarist, wouldn't mind seeing him and Gorham playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

bring back Eric Bell

GnR probably not doing much this summer so Fortus is free. Im sure he wouldn't have taken the gig if GnR were touring.
    He's a great guitarist, wouldn't mind seeing him and Gorham playing together.

GnR are a joke though. But lets not go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

To be honest Fortus is good and everything but he's not really needed in a band that already has Ron Thal and DJ Ashba - I think Axl should stick to two guitarists and leave it be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Viv jumped the gun, the Fortus thing ain't happenin yet.

On my Droid so will get link later.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

In before the obligatory Guns N' Roses bashing...
    Oh wait, too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Here he is on stage with Lizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Lizzy died with Philo. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

One thing i remember about this man is (Guns N Roses gig 1st sep 2010 the o2). The track 'Sorry' ends and axel rose says on guitar mr Richard Fortus and a bottle is thrown on stage and axel says thats it shows over have a good evening lol.

I think he got too do his solo when they came back on.

I just hope this Thin Lizzy dont record new songs because it just will not be the same.

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Viv jumped the gun, the Fortus thing ain't happenin yet.

On my Droid so will get link later.

Here ya go, posted on Viv's Facebook

Opps! It seems I may have been a bit presumptuous about the next Lizzy guitarist; although Richard is very much a target (and in my opinion, a great fit), he's still involved with Gn'R, so it remains to be seen if he will be available to play with Thin Lizzy when required. The mystery thickens...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

I would love to see this version to record. Call it Lizzy MkII or whatever. Not fussed. Having missed seeing Lizzy live back with Phil I am delighted to be able to catch them over the last 8 years or so. I guess if Phil's mam, Scott, and Brian Downey are happy with the current set up then it gives the project a lot of cred.

More music less hang-ups the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

So Viv goes backing to strumming chords and singing backing vocals for Def Leppard - what a waste of talent!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    One thing i remember about this man is (Guns N Roses gig 1st sep 2010 the o2). The track 'Sorry' ends and axel rose says on guitar mr Richard Fortus and a bottle is thrown on stage and axel says thats it shows over have a good evening lol.

I think he got too do his solo when they came back on.

I just hope this Thin Lizzy dont record new songs because it just will not be the same.

I thought it was during the very first song? Welcome To The Jungle??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

From what i've heard at the Lepard gig he's gonig to be playing in both bands :D

allanb49 wrote: »
    From what i've heard at the Lepard gig he's gonig to be playing in both bands :D

No, i asked him this on his FB and he said No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

damn. was hoping he would be:(

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

To be honest. I'm a huge fan of both Thin Lizzy and Guns n Roses, but they're both zombie bands to me at this point. Thin Lizzy died with Phil Lynnot, and was buried with the recent passing of Gary Moore. I don't care if they have the ghost of Jimi Hendrix playing guitar for them, they are not what I(and I would imagine most self-respecting lizzy fans) think of as THIN LIZZY.
    As for Guns n Roses, it's a SLIGHTLY different matter. They were a collaboration between Axl Rose, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven Adler(Matt Sorum is a good drummer but a ****ing idiot and does the bands chemistry no favours in my opinion). Without Slash, Duff and Izzy(Adler is half paralysed so I'll give him a mulligan here!) the band is just running on 20% power. I think this works both ways with this particular bunch of guys, as we've all seen Velvet Revolver wither and die over the last three years. These guys are just not as good without each other.
    Anyway, I know this thread is just about some guy who used to be in Nine Inch Nails and was then in Guns N Roses and is now probably going to be in Thin LIzzy, so maybe I've perambulated ever so slightly off topic and should close with saying what's in my heart with relation to Mr Fortus's current potential musical employment.....LUCKY ****!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

TheoBoone wrote: »
    Anyway, I know this thread is just about some guy who used to be in Nine Inch Nails and was then in Guns N Roses and is now probably going to be in Thin LIzzy, so maybe I've perambulated ever so slightly off topic and should close with saying what's in my heart with relation to Mr Fortus's current potential musical employment.....LUCKY ****!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard Fortus wasn't in Nine Inch Nails , that was Robin Finck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Richard Fortus is an exceptional musician.

He has an exemplary stage presence, and is a very capable guitarist. Unfortunatly, his musical history is rather thin, and it would appear that he is more of a mercenary for hire than anything else. It would also appear that Paul Tobias was responsible for much of Chinese Democracy.

Having said that, his presence would certainly attract me to a Thin Lizzy show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Is Viv Campbell def gone so? He was great with them at Olympia gig, would love to see him with the band again in Castlebar next month!

I personally can't stand GnRs but don't know anything about Fortus, must look up

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

http://www.thinlizzyband.com/

It's a definate. From what I've listened to, he's not bad I prefer Campbell TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

magentas wrote: »
    Is Viv Campbell def gone so? He was great with them at Olympia gig, would love to see him with the band again in Castlebar next month!

Thin Lizzy can officially announce Richard Fortus from Guns N Roses will replace Vivian Campbell on guitar for all Thin Lizzy live shows whilst Vivian is back touring and recording with Def Leppard.

Vivian’s last show will be at Slane Castle in Ireland on May 28th.

Richard is a good player but not the best guitarist in Guns N' Roses in my own opinion, to be perfectly honest, they could do without him altogether given the remaining line up - but that's a different matter

Advertisement