If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a portable tv which is saorview compatible

Options
  • 04-04-2011 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

was in a well known store which sells computers yesterday and after having bought a laptop , i set my eyes on a 17 inch LG tv , the store person claimed it was saorview compatible but another member of staff wasnt so sure so i didnt go any further

i know a walker 17 inch can be got for around 129 euro with saorview but tbh , im not a fan of the walker even for a kitchen tv , perhaps thier is something else which might meet my requirements on the market , dont want to go over 19 inch and even a 16 inch would suffice but must be saorview compliant , dont want to have to buy a set top box

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

irishh_bob wrote: »
    hi there

was in a well known store which sells computers yesterday and after having bought a laptop , i set my eyes on a 17 inch LG tv , the store person claimed it was saorview compatible but another member of staff wasnt so sure so i didnt go any further

i know a walker 17 inch can be got for around 129 euro with saorview but tbh , im not a fan of the walker even for a kitchen tv , perhaps thier is something else which might meet my requirements on the market , dont want to go over 19 inch and even a 16 inch would suffice but must be saorview compliant , dont want to have to buy a set top box

19LD350

That has MPEG4 on board - it is not SAORVIEW certified but we can confirm that it works 100% receiving the new digital stations assuming that you are in a suitable area with a decent antenna.

We have it available from stock at £149.95 / €179.99 and I have one unit available which is open box P E R F E C T condition that a customer bought & returned the same day (too small) that I can do at £134.95 / €159.99.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

19LD350

That has MPEG4 on board - it is not SAORVIEW certified but we can confirm that it works 100% receiving the new digital stations assuming that you are in a suitable area with a decent antenna.

We have it available from stock at £149.95 / €179.99 and I have one unit available which is open box P E R F E C T condition that a customer bought & returned the same day (too small) that I can do at £134.95 / €159.99.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

i can get the LG 19 inch for 160 euro , will know tommorrow if it has mpeg4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Bob.

No problem, I think you'll find you won't have an issue.

Just a note to all : Always come back to us if you find something cheaper as we do offer a pricebeat policy.

Let us know if we can help any further.

All the best.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Hi Bob.

No problem, I think you'll find you won't have an issue.

Just a note to all : Always come back to us if you find something cheaper as we do offer a pricebeat policy.

Let us know if we can help any further.

All the best.

Dave

im looking for a 22 inch tv with saorview and a usb port and wall mountable.please any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

We have a 22" sony that I believe is MPEG 4, but I'll find out for sure.

It's the KDL22PX300 and it also have a playstation 2 built in that doubles up as a DVD player and it's £199.95. It does have a USB input.

What formats are you looking to use the USB for as some of the TV's work with MP3 and JPEG but not movie files ?

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

19LD350

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

brought it home , didnt work , sound but no vision when it comes to rte digital channells , left it back and purchased a 19 inch walker LED instead in another store , paid 159 , great picture although sound is a disapointment , will do for the kitchen however

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

irishh_bob wrote: »
    brought it home , didnt work , sound but no vision when it comes to rte digital channells , left it back and purchased a 19 inch walker LED instead in another store , paid 159 , great picture although sound is a disapointment , will do for the kitchen however

Irish,

Not sure where you bought your LG but if it was a 19LD350 - then it IS 110% ok for MPEG 4 / MHEG5 in the ROI.

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.