Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 6 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Wilson91

Just got internet back after the modem fooked up.
    I'll be about from here on in :)

Also is there a leaguerepublic table for this season's league?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

http://boardsfifaleague.leaguerepublic.com/

Same as last year just use drop down menu :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Valencia or Aston Vanilla about today?

Hi Mate,

I'll be available from 6-30 til 8, and for an hour after the Newcastle game..Valencia here

franman wrote: »
    Lost 1 and won 1 so far. Got beaten fairly convincingly by Valencia (Bray Header). Even though the score was only 1-0 I hardly got out of my own half and can't remember getting one decent chance the whole game.

I was lucky the second game to get the 2-1 win against Porto (Crackle). He had a few good 1 v 1 chances towards the end to equalize but thankfully De GEA was up to the challenge. Pretty high standard of players so far in League 1. Looking forward to the Gameweek 2 already

Hey Franman,

I enjoyed the game..can't really argue with your match report, but I really struggle to kill teams off sometimes, it's been my undoing against friends loads of times.

General question? In week 1 I have 3 fixtures - do I just play each team once or twice?

Cheers,

D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

General question? In week 1 I have 3 fixtures - do I just play each team once or twice?

Cheers,

D

You just play the once the second fixture will be later in the season.

• Advertisement

Hi Mate,

I'll be available from 6-30 til 8, and for an hour after the Newcastle game..Valencia here

I'm championship sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Hi Mate,

I'll be on at half 6 for our game

Fowler87 about?

I'll be on at half 6 for our game

Hey mate - one of the cagiest games of Fifa I've had! Not too much action eh?

Great game BrayHeader , end to end with no goals , I enjoyed that anyway

• Advertisement

Hi Mate,

Hey mate - one of the cagiest games of Fifa I've had! Not too much action eh?
    I'm used to loseing so I'll take the point , I'm delighted with my pick villa so I'll have no excuses when I'm beating ,, not too many goals scored in the league yet

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

eioneill wrote: »
    Man City from the Prem should be on around 10pm if Bayern, Juve or Liverpool wishes to play me.

I should be around then hopefully (Bayern)

I'm used to loseing so I'll take the point , I'm delighted with my pick villa so I'll have no excuses when I'm beating ,, not too many goals scored in the league yet

Yeah I enjoyed it myself mate, sometimes it's good to have a tight, nervy encounter - nobody seems to stand out yet, but early days! Wonder where Swarlez (liverpoolrob) is..

I'm after being playing Desire there , his connection went it was terrible all game , I was winning one nil , do I get the points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I'm after being playing Desire there , his connection went it was terrible all game , I was winning one nil , do I get the points

How do you know it was my connection?

Desire. wrote: »

edit: took the xbox rules by accident

Iv had no problems with mine mate , we try again tomorrow we can start a new game the score doesn't matter , have you played anyone else yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Where'd you get that Aha Shake?

From page 1
    1) Disconnections
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any intentional disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators.

However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects, a rematch (unranked - non league game) is immediately scheduled and the score before the disconnection is used. The remaining minutes are to be played and the score at the end of the combined 90 minutes is the final score to be posted on the results thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

eioneill wrote: »
    Man City from the Prem should be on around 10pm if Bayern, Juve or Liverpool wishes to play me.

Can play after 11 if that suits you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Iv had no problems with mine mate , we try again tomorrow we can start a new game the score doesn't matter , have you played anyone else yet ???

No, I'll score an own goal to be fair. I was sure I was going to score when it disconnected.

No, I haven't played anybody yet.

• Advertisement

No, I'll score an own goal to be fair. I was sure I was going to score when it disconnected.

No, I haven't played anybody yet.
    You should also join the league mate so people can invite you that way , you should of got a pm with the details on how to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

2 games, 2 1-0 losses..... great start to League 1 life:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

2 games, 2 1-0 losses..... great start to League 1 life:(
    I started mine with two 2-1 defeats. My defending wasn't as bad in our game as it was in the first 2, but still pretty bad at times.

I've a feeling I'm gonna concede quite a few goals in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Crackle wrote: »
    I started mine with two 2-1 defeats. My defending wasn't as bad in our game as it was in the first 2, but still pretty bad at times.

I've a feeling I'm gonna concede quite a few goals in this league.

Tbh, I deserved to lose those 2 games. I created nothing up front and was punished for some shocking defending. I'm happy enough that I've managed to keep my GD down to only -2.

My problem is I can't find a bloody formation that'll suit me. I'm gonna have to experiment there before my next match to find out if I can get something going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Off the mark with a well deserved draw against Arsenal (esp considering how the last game against Liverpool went as I thought I was the better player for most but finishing let me down again:rolleyes:)..

Twas a good auld tactical game against Aha Shake and he probably could have won it at the end through RVP but in fairness a draw was the right result especially after I nearly scored an epic goal from Joaquin, hitting the angle from 35+ yards..

See you've abandoned manual altogether man, which is ironic as ya did beat me in the league:pac::pac: Not dissing ya or anything but imo ya played alot better in that game too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wonder where Swarlez (liverpoolrob) is..

Having played with him in a couple of Leagues before, he's a right pain to get hold of and I'm sure everyone will agree.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Alright lads, Lyon in Championship will be on at around 7ish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Having played with him in a couple of Leagues before, he's a right pain to get hold of and I'm sure everyone will agree.:D

But he does tend to beat everyone in his way too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

This game wouldnt have counted anyway cos desire hasnt joined the league online yet. all games have to be played through the online league. Desire, are you going to join this or what??? I want to get this game played...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

alanc2003, theflesh or hatchets27 around?

Advertisement