Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have to ask...

Options
  • 04-04-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Okay, so I glanced quickly at an article in the Galway City Tribune last Friday which stated that the Blackrock diving board is sinking...and I have to ask; was this an April Fool's Day joke? If it was it's a good one :) I was in a rush so I didn't read it as thoroughly as I should have. Also, when I drove by today, it didn't look any different. I can't find a link to it online.

Face-palms at the ready :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I put up one about our female head of state opening a prostate cancer institute, nobody liked that one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I had a quick look there on thevwebsite and there is no mention of it.

Thank god!

I do think it's only a matter of time before the Health and Safety Nazi Busy Bodies get it cordoned off or dismantled siting some health and safety codswallop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There are posters down by the wall at blackrock that say

"Due to recent seismic activity the wall is in danger of collapse, please do not kick the wall" City Council header on it and the date of April First :)

and C- is a passing grade snubby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

AFAIK the tower at Blackrock is getting a paint job in the coming weeks.

No structural works though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

I read the article on page three of the City Tribune, in which it was stated that the Blackrock Tower was falling into the sea. Considering there was work going on around there at the start of the year, and the new steps into the sea nearby, this was quite believable.

They reckon that it could be a tourist attraction to rival the Leaning Tower of Pisa, falling five or six feet into the sea before the peak tourist season. :(

But, hang on ... a Council spokesman says it's a phenomenan called 'Polar Foil' which to my mind might just be an anagram for April's Fool. :)

So, OP, don't believe everything you read on April 1. Some footballer in England got fooled cos he read the Portugal were going to sell Ronaldo to Spain due to their financial crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

celty wrote: »
    a Council spokesman says it's a phenomenan called 'Polar Foil' which to my mind might just be an anagram for April's Fool. :)

Spotted that one, it also said the phenomenon is known in these parts on bogs as 'Peak Kiss', which is an anagram of 'p1sstake'. More than just a coincidence I'm sure.

What really gave it away as an April Fool is that the Council appeared to be acting on something so quickly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

Spotted that one, it also said the phenomenon is known in these parts on bogs as 'Peak Kiss', which is an anagram of 'p1sstake'. More than just a coincidence I'm sure.

What really gave it away as an April Fool is that the Council appeared to be acting on something so quickly :-)

??? Is 'Peak Kiss' really an anagram for p1sstake??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

It badly needs a paint job anyway.

Is there paint that can dry in water, just like there's cement that can dry in water as would have happened when it was built first?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

'Peak Kiss', which is an anagram of 'p1sstake'.
    No it's not. There's no 't' for a start. Did you mean "Peat Kiss" maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Malice wrote: »
    No it's not. There's no 't' for a start. Did you mean "Peat Kiss" maybe?

Ya, sorry. Duh me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

celty wrote: »
    Some footballer in England got fooled cos he read the Portugal were going to sell Ronaldo to Spain due to their financial crisis.

Sure that wouldn't be hard, a lot of them are thick as sh1t

Advertisement