Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online billing, but paying in post office?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

This is a question on behalf of my parents.

They've been with ESB for about 40years, never switched supply.
    Obviously, they want to get as large a discount as possible off their tariff.

However, they do not want to pay by DD.

Is their an option to sign up for online billing & thus gaining an extra 2% discount for this, while maintaining the option to pay with cash through the post office?

Thanks,
    BB

Oh, & one for me:
    My own house currently uses the Rural Nightsaver tariff. How come I can't switch online, like the 24hr tariffs can?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi BoozyBabe,

In the case of customers that remained with us (and had been with us for >12 months, as would obviously be the case with your parents), then they should be eligible for an 8% discount on the standard unit price (reducing it to €0.1286 per unit). If they signed up for online billing as well, they would be entitled to a further 2% discount on total units used.

So they can certainly continue to pay in the post office if that's their preferred method of payment. :)
    BoozyBabe wrote:
    My own house currently uses the Rural Nightsaver tariff. How come I can't switch online, like the 24hr tariffs can?

This link here should work for you. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

(reducing it to €0.1286 per unit).

This link here should work for you. Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

David.

Could you use the cost to the customer rates please, its getting confusing.

I presume the above is unit cost without vat added. however most consumers cannot avail of these rates.

Us mere mortals have to pay VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi John mac,

The unit rate in question incl. VAT is €0.146.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Is there a link for 8% discount and 2% oline billing discount or does 8% discount automatically apply to long term customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi allimac :)

There actually isn't such a specific link (general details of price plans here) and new rates are not automatically applied to existing customer's accounts - reason being: there is a number of new price plans, and it's best to speak with one of our sales team to figure out which package would be best value for you. So do give them a call on 1850 30 50 90. :)

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement