Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st present for niece / god daughter?

Options
  • 04-04-2011 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi and sorry if there is already a posting on this. My niece and god-daughter will soon be 21 and am giving her cash. Any ideas as to how much is the usual amount now. My OH says 1k but as we are both unemployed I think it too much. Am I being mean? Help please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Definately way too much if ur unemployed, way too much anyway in my opinion even if you werent, my aunt is also my godmother and i certainly didnt expect that much from her for my 21st (im 25 now btw in case it makes a difference).

If you're set on money id say no more than €300 though maybe you could get her a nice piece of jewlery or something instead that she can have as a keepsake of her 21st and what her aunt/godmother gave her, and not to be a cheapskate but it might be more cost efficient as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Way to much in 1k is he mad in the head.
    I would get a nice piece of jewelry as a keepsake, pandora might be nice with a few charms. Nice necklace.
    Then put small amount of money say 50 with it. Is she going away anywhere that a different currency is used? You could get her some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Poppy333 wrote: »
    Hi and sorry if there is already a posting on this. My niece and god-daughter will soon be 21 and am giving her cash. Any ideas as to how much is the usual amount now. My OH says 1k but as we are both unemployed I think it too much. Am I being mean? Help please!!!

What about getting her a contemporary style locket? Or else pearls? Both of these are keepsakes and can be worn throughout her life. If you want to give money, then given your circumstances at the moment, 300e would be plenty.
    My cousin was 21 recently and she thought more of the keepsake jewellery, as it was chosen carefully for her.

Advertisement