Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

live mail 11 not working on Vodafone

• 04-04-2011 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to set up live mail 11 on a vodafone broadband connection

i have tried changing the incoming and outgoing servers to both mail.vodafone.ie and mail.vodafone.com
    neither work
    if i change them to imap.gmail.com in and out it will work only for a few goes then i get the error cant connect. i have called vodafone and they dont know why its not working. any suggestions...:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 steve_cass

incoming mail server needs to be who the email is with so if your email is with gmail its the gmail incoming mail server.

outgoing email server needs to be whatever service provider you are using. so if your with vodaofone its the vodafone outgoing mail server.

incoming : imap.gmail.com
    outgoing : mail.vodafone.ie

you need to be sure these mail servers are correct too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭cartman51773

hi steve

i have tried both your suggestions just incase and it still wont work. Imap.gmail.com in and Vodafone.ie and .com in and even the other way round and it still wont work. i guess its not compatable with vodafone as it worked when i was with Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Make sure that you turn off SMTP authentication if you're using mail.vodafone.ie as the outbound server.

If you'd previously been using xxxx.gmail.com for outbound e-mails. then it sounds like you probably still have authentication turned on.

Alternatively you can use smtp.gmail.com if you follow the instructions here (using 465 instead of 25 as the outbound port).

Advertisement