Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Business Starter only connecting at 1mb

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

bkehoe wrote: »
    Tony,
    If this is the case then why when anyone changes package with any ISP or gets upgraded to NGB then they get dropped down to the prequal value for the line? It's happened many people I know, my parents, Matt, yangzone and who knows how many others.

So maybe that is your policy but it just took me 10 seconds to go to YOUR website and get the prequal result for the posters line...at the end of the day YOU, not the resellers, are responsible for the artificial speed limits being imposed on lines countrywide so the least you could do is tell the OP that you limited his line speed, not Vodafone.

All the providers can do is report that Eircom has limited the lines to this value and have no ability to take further action. There is no fault with these lines so it's not possible to report a line fault. When are you going to give us back the speeds our lines are capable of?
    Hi bkehoe
    if we are talking about same number then what I meant is that we do not have access to the performance records of the line, for example we do not have access to this customers current details as he is not an eircom customer. Yes I can see on our online website what packages he may be able to support but I do not understand what pre-qual you mean. Do you mean the product page which shows what packages the customers line can support?

The prequal value is there as a guide to what speeds a line can provide and we do not oversell speed packages.
    There is no policy of artificially imposed speed limits. I have escalated this to our product section and hope to have a reply on this issue.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The prequal value is there as a guide to what speeds a line can provide and we do not oversell speed packages.
    There is no policy of artificially imposed speed limits. I have escalated this to our product section and hope to have a reply on this issue.
    Tony
    That's a blatant contradiction, you already mentioned in your second-most recent response that the reasons for Matt Bauer's lowered speed after changing his package were "not technical". If the reasons for having a 1 mbit connection with such good line stats are not technical, there must be other (discretionary) reasons for not being able to increase the speed back to what the line is proven to handle!

As you accept the reason for these customer's lower line speeds is not technical, there must be an alternative reason for these reports that myself and other posters have experienced and heard of. And the reason is not some gremlins running around in the exchange fiddling with the DSLAM! So if the speed is not the result of technical conditions, and not because of gremlins, how can it not be the fault of eircom (wholesale), the people who actually manage the exchange equipment on behalf of most operators?!

Advertisement