Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Lil Wayne album

• 04-04-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi - i'm going to buy a Lil Wayne album tonight and was wondering if you guys can recommend one to buy? i was just gonna get Tha Cater III - i like the sound of 'Milli'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

tc3 isnt bad i prefer tc2 tho

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

Dedication

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Keyser Söze

hsbc wrote: »
    Hi - i'm going to buy a Lil Wayne album tonight and was wondering if you guys can recommend one to buy? i was just gonna get Tha Cater III - i like the sound of 'Milli'.

Who buys albums?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Who buys albums?

Thanks for the help bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Who buys albums?

Good point but I think little wayne's albums should be bought and not downloaded.He put so much work and effort into making some of the best hip hop cds of the last 15 years that everybody sould try and support him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I have 2 and 3 and I don't think either are sensational bar a few good tunes on both. I'd recommend getting some of his mixtapes. Da Drought 3 has 29 songs on it and for free so ya can't go too wrong. Some great tunes on that as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

His CD's tend to have some really good stuff on them and some complete garbage. That's how you go triple platinum in 2008. Hard to really recommend any of them over another one in particular. Tha Carter 3 maybe, or Dedication 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I like Carter 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lil wayne treads taking over boards hip hop last few weeks:D.

iv only ever listned to carter 3 because of the hype surrounding it but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

i only liked 2 songs off the carter 3 though in a milli and tie my hands needless to say i didnt like the album or lil wayne after that.

carter 3 is officially the worst hip hop album i have in my collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Carter 2 is my favorite, for me he is a rapper that I never listen to a full album of as there a some songs that I really dont like. Think his weakest albums have been his last two rebirth and Im not a human. He has made so many songs that you can make a really good playlist from his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Download his No Ceilings mixtape, and also get Da Drought 3. Both free mixtapes, both outstanding.

If you have to buy an album go with Carter III, for every mufcboy1999 who says its the worst album he has you get a Mikeyt086 who says its his favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Download his No Ceilings mixtape, and also get Da Drought 3. Both free mixtapes, both outstanding.

If you have to buy an album go with Carter III, for every mufcboy1999 who says its the worst album he has you get a Mikeyt086 who says its his favourite.

thats true mate.

are you serious though c3 is your fav hip hop album? your entitled to your opinion but i just find that hard to believe.

i think a lot of the older hip hop heads have a hard time liking wayne because of the obvious reasons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i think a lot of the older hip hop heads have a hard time liking wayne because of the obvious reasons.

Probably because we remember him as the 13 year old on Cash Money with 3 kids and who shot himself and when every publication was splattered with ads for BGz and the Hot Boyz in pen n pixel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

thats true mate.

are you serious though c3 is your fav hip hop album? your entitled to your opinion but i just find that hard to believe.

I dont think I have a favourite Hip Hop album, but if I had to pick one it would probably be 50's Get Rich Or Die Trying which was my first hip-hop album I bought with my own money (im 21). But my Ipod's most played doesnt lie, and Carter III is way up there. Tracks like Mr.Carter, Misunderstood, You Aint Got Nuthin, 3 Peat, Tie My Hands, Let The Beat Build and Shoot Me Down are songs I tend to never skip when im on shuffle and find myself constantly coming back to. Also, mixtapes like The Leak and Carter Collection which have throwaways from CIII have some unreal tracks on them, which imo was a time period when Wayne was on top of the game. No Ceilings was his last good release, I think since then, maybe because of jail time, he has gotten lazy and its frustrating listening to the music he is coming out with, espescially when Birdman (who is just woeful) is featured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Rebirth.

Advertisement