Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psychology in dbs

Options
  • 04-04-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

hi, im wondering if anyone can offer some advice/information regarding the psychology course in dbs. i've applied for several colleges as a mature student through the c.a.o with my first choice being u.c.d, i received my msap results and believe my results probably won't gain me a place in u.c.d so am very interested in this course in dbs as i've heard good things. my questions are do you need to apply separately to d.b.s even after submitting the c.a.o? when do you confirm/pay for course?(as im still hoping for u.c.d) how highly regarded is the qualification you receive? any feedback would be great,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

Hiya, I study in DBS at the moment (accounting), but i have looked in to the area of Psychology before. As far as I know, the most important thing when choosing a college for Psychology is to ensure that they have the relevant professional accreditation. For example from the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or British Psychologial Society (BPS). From what i can gather DBS has PSI accreditation and was the first college outside of the NUI's to get this. The degree also comes from HETAC, the irish government awarding body. I reckon youd be safe enough going for it. Understand why UCD is your first choice mind you. Always good to have a back up. Good luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

thats great thanks a lot:) got an interview for dbs next month and have heard nothing but good things...would prefer if i could go to a non fee paying college(gonna be broke again) but sure what can you do... thanks for the info :)

Advertisement