Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CynaogenMod 7 RC4 Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Desire HD complete tutorial(fixed broken link

• 04-04-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

For those who have not rooted thier phone yet follow all these steps.
    (this can also unlock your phone if it is locked to any network)

Step 1 Radio S-Off
    System requirements:

* Windows XP SP2 or higher
    * .NET Framework 4.0
    * HTC Sync (or ADB drivers)
    * Desire HD with stock kernel (or Apache14's 1.0.7 / 1.1.4 Sense)
    * It will not work on 1.72.405.3 or higher build, or new radio (12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26_M is ok)

So, in detail, the Root & S-OFF process goes like this:

* Install Visionary
    * Open Visionary and tap temproot, then attempt permroot now. Your device will reboot.
    * Connect your phone to a computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Connect charge only!)
    * Open "Desire HD easy radio tool.exe" (Windows 7, right click & run as administrator), choose the first option, click "Do it"! There may be a SuperUser request on your phone, allow it.
    * Done.

Step 2 Eng S-Off
    * Open my "Desire HD easy s-off.exe", click "S-OFF it"! Allow possible SuperUser request on your phone.
    * There could be force closes after the process, just reboot and everything will be fine.
    * Done. (Remember to click the thanks button)
    * Now that your device is S-OFF, Get Rom manager from the market, which will install a ClockWorkMod recovery for you. Just open it up and tap "Flash ClockworkMod recovery"
    * Download a custom ROM, put it to your SD, and flash it using Rom manager or ClockworkMod itself. You can access ClockworkMod through Rom manager. It is recommended to do "wipe data / factory reset" in ClockworkMod before installing ROM from SD card.

Step 3 Install CM7
    First time flashing CM 7 to your Desire HD (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod 3 Recovery.
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

Roms
    CynaogenMod 7 RC4
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightly #30
    Honeycomb Theme (for CM7 Theme Chooser)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

fixed broken link

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Probably a very stupid question, but will this work on Desire classic or just Desire HD? Im very new to rooting and looking for the easiest best option!

this one just for DHD, there should be a port for the original Desire, I can post it if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Flashed this last night and it worked well but... stupid question time

How do i install apps, do i need to do something else to get the gmail and facebook working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

It all cool now. I RTFM'ed :rolleyes:

Had some issues with the zip failing signature verification, but I worked around that, here is the link.

All working now, and going very well. Happy days.

Thanks for the tutorial.

• Advertisement

you mean the gapp zip? It strange that has signature issue. I had my gapps installed since CM7 RC1 so I didnt have to install the new zip file, everything are updted throu the market since then.

enjoy CM7 :)

Advertisement